The miraculous Activator X, vitamin K2

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have a new love and it is K2. Not the weed, not the mountain, the vitamin. When it was first discovered in the 1930s by a dentist, it was called Activator X, because it helped other vitamins (D and A) to achieve better results. Only after the death of its discoverer was proven by Russian scientists that this new miracle medicine was nothing but vitamin K2.

Long story short, finally it is getting the recognition what it deserves. Well, what is it good for? It regulates where calcium is deposited in your body. So instead of Ca getting into your arteries and causing you a massive heart attack in a form of plaque, it goes into your bones and helps with osteoporosis. There is evidence that it not only prevent plaque formation but it also cleans up the arteries. Its discoverer was a dentist, and yes, K2 is also good at replenishing your teeth.

[​IMG]

In this thread I will educate people about K2 and journal my intake of it for dental purposes.

https://totalhormonegenetherapy.com/amazing-results-vitamin-k2/

https://www.denvercommunityacupunct...rosis-Became-Epidemic-and-How-to-Reverse-This

" “Vitamin K2 works by activating a number of special proteins that move calcium around the body. Specifically, K2 activates a protein called osteocalcin (OC), which attracts calcium into bones and teeth, where calcium is needed. K2 activates another protein called matrix gla protein (MGP), which sweeps calcium out of soft tissues like arteries and veins, where the mineral is unwanted and harmful. When K2 is lacking, the proteins that depend upon K2 remain inactive. The Calcium Paradox then rears its ugly head with an insidious decline in bone mineral density and an even more treacherous hardening of the arteries. When K2 is plentiful, bones remain strong and arteries remain clear.”"

Zodiac4u likes this.
  2. I was listening to an MD on a podcast and he stated K2 decalcifys the arteries and egg yolks are a good K2 source.

I bought some K2/D3 supplements and I’m going to have a CAC test in a year.

We’ll see how the eggs and supplements work.

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yes, eggs aren't bad, but hard cheese is a much better source. The best 2 food sources are natto beans and goose liver pate, but both have strong tastes what not everybody can put up with.

Thus cheese and eggs it is....

On Amazon there is a K2 supplement containing 600 mgr per pill and since K2's half life is rather long, you can take it every other day. I currently take 200 mgr (microgram) daily. There is no upper limit, so one can go crazy, specially for dental help.

I also take D3 but not at the same time. They supposed to compete for absorption, so better keep them apart.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am going to post this book review here. The importance of D3 together with K2:

It is still debated what combination they should be used. One doctor said 1000 IU of D3 for every 45 mgr K2, so I am going with this until I don't see a better backed ratio.