The minion of fortune

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by outsource, Sep 2, 2010.

1. That, or it could be the exponential growth of the number of family members throughout the generations (not to mention messy divorces and mitigating circumstances) - these things have a tendency to make portfolio returns irrelevant.

#11     Sep 2, 2010
  2. Gosh, how does one become a Minionaire?

#12     Sep 2, 2010
  3. in a doggystyle position i guess..

#13     Sep 2, 2010
  4. I think you are mistaken there friend. Walking around upper east side in Manhattan, I see plenty of good looking 70 year olds. These are not like our grandmother, these women work out, do yoga, all well manicured. For love of trading, there is no shame in having your wife use a walker.

#14     Sep 2, 2010
  5. People are not gifted, they just study harder than you & me and have a few other traits that make them look gifted. I'm betting that this guy had a few traits like this...

1. Charisma- People seem smarter just when they have alot of this.

2. Industrious - This guy you met, I bet he is always busy doing something productive.

3. Knows their craft and is always honing their skills in it trying to make themselves better.

Its basically all about perception. Almost anyone can achieve this, but most of us just do not have the drive to be this way.

I have met people like the one you are talking about and you are right...at the time you meet them, they seem like they have some secret power to understand or explain anything that defies reason. But really, these are just driven people.

#15     Sep 2, 2010
  6. You are exactly right.But i doubt that you and i don`t have the traits described above. There should be little 'something' that we lack of and this lack is Luck i think..

#16     Sep 2, 2010
  7. Ah yes...Luck. You need that lucky experience or catalyst in life that gives you that drive to succeed and never give up. Sometimes that experience is a random encounter with a stranger that somehow changes your life, or its reading a specific book that moves you, or whatever else. But its that luck that lead you there.

#17     Sep 3, 2010
  8. RA, you are right. Those gifted indiv. simply know the concepts. I mean REALY KNOW. Instead of the average guys who realy don`t understand those concepts and hardly will. They might heard of the words 'discipline', 'trading system' or watever, but have no idea what REALY it is. And the roots grow from the childhood.

#18     Sep 3, 2010
  9. wave

wave

Maybe?

“Success is largely a matter of holding on after others have let go”

#19     Sep 3, 2010
  10. Ash1972

Ash1972

You've got to choose your parents wisely :)

#20     Sep 3, 2010