The mind of a trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by djmartin, Jun 13, 2015.

1. @.@ but you won't know right?
    cuz it can just pullback and go up a tiny bit and back down again

#81     Jun 24, 2015
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

A perfect pullback is price reversing and moving in the opposite direction of the trend abruptly enough to cause reactive counter-trend traders to immediately position against the trend because they believe they're going to miss the reversal, followed by price stopping cold at a key level just a couple ticks beyond where nervous trend followers got long/short and moved their stops to break even.

These trend followers just got shaken out of their positions at the same price the counter-trend traders just reacted their way into a position. Price takes one look at both of these camps, sticks out its tongue and runs hard back in the direction of the trend.

:D

#82     Jun 24, 2015
    _eug_, Roffe and dbphoenix like this.
  3. djmartin

djmartin

#83     Jun 24, 2015
  4. djmartin

djmartin

I addressed this question in my market recap vid

#84     Jun 24, 2015
  5. djmartin

djmartin

#85     Jun 24, 2015
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

djmartin,

You're market recap videos are made when you get home from work or you doing them while still at work ???

I ask because you're at a bank and I'm wondering how you're able to avoid getting into trouble with the boss when you day trade at work and possibly doing videos while at work...at a bank. I say this because a few years back a cousin of mine that's an executive at Bank of America was reprimanded after they discover her using bank work hours (not her lunch time break) and her personal laptop connected into the banks internet to monitor/purchase IPOs. They even did a big investigation to ensure she didn't have access to private info with some of the banks business financing partners involved with financing IPOs.

Be careful, I just can't imagine your bank or any bank approving day trading while at work. In contrast, if you some store manager in a back office with very little work interaction with other employees or you're the owner of your own business...I guess you can get away with it and not be distracted while day trading.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    #86     Jun 24, 2015
  7. djmartin

djmartin

I do my recap videos at home, the bank i work for owns a discount brokerage and the position I hold require me to follow the markets. We were told to open an account with this discount brokerage and that we can download there trading platform on are work computer. I work at a very slow branch, I may sit with 2 or 3 people all day. My manager knows i trade and even gets me to look at stocks for him. The other two bankers are internet surfing so whats the difference if I'm trading my own account. As long as its not affecting my job my manager can care less.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    #87     Jun 24, 2015
    wrbtrader likes this.
  8. Having that flexibility is awesome.

#88     Jun 24, 2015
  9. thanks for all the replies

any hint on how to trade with just price, OP said something about trading just price in his first training?

#89     Jun 24, 2015
  10. barcadia

barcadia

you could be the best trader here, DJ. Cool journal!

#90     Jun 25, 2015