The mind of a trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by djmartin, Jun 13, 2015.

1. JTrades

JTrades

Some ideas, but doubt what you had in mind:
    • Accidental or forced buying and selling by others - "My cat stepped on my 'buy 10,000 shares' hot key. Best get out."
    • Irrational buying and selling by others - "I'm feeling lucky. Buy! Actually, I'm feeling sad. Sell!"
    • Trades by others where speculation is based on a fundamental view - "10 shares in that tanking stock, please. Just get me in at any price before close and call me in five years."
    • MM / big player tricks - "Let's create a mini, temporary sell-off."
    • Broken HFT - "while(true) { buy(random); sell(random); }"
    These show up in price and volume. Didn't go as far as psychological--in one's head--noise or news/opinion noise.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    #71     Jun 19, 2015
  2. djmartin

djmartin

I trade at work. I'm in a really slow branch.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    #72     Jun 19, 2015
  3. djmartin

djmartin

#73     Jun 19, 2015
  4. monoid

monoid

@JTrades and @Redneck: Isn't the word "information" specific to a context? In other words, in my opinion, the word "information" can only be applicable within one's model/framework. So, at no point can "information" be ignored. However, one man's "information" is another man's "noise"!

Another way of looking at "information": Data that is precisely useful for the model -- nothing more, nothing less. So, if "information" was a line, there will be "noise" on both sides (i.e., lack of information on the lower end; and, data that adds no incremental value to the model ('over information' in the colloquial language) on the higher end.)

Regards,
    Monoid.

#74     Jun 20, 2015
    eurusdzn likes this.
  5. djmartin

djmartin

#75     Jun 21, 2015
    JTrades likes this.
  6. djmartin

djmartin

I remember when I use to hate Mondays, now that I trade I love Monday because its the beginning of the trading week. Happy trading everyone

#76     Jun 22, 2015
  7. djmartin

djmartin

#77     Jun 22, 2015
  8. djmartin

djmartin

No recap video tonight, just got home from a networking event for work. Today was a chop fest. I had a OK day considering the price action today.

#78     Jun 23, 2015
  9. hello, is it possible to tell me what is a perfect pullback?

thanks

#79     Jun 24, 2015
  10. it's when the market does exactly what it's supposed to do :)

#80     Jun 24, 2015