The Million $$$ Quest...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Ripley, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Ripley, thats less than $10/hour. Even if you didn't graduate high school you should be able to earn that and you wouldn't even have your own money at risk. Maybe you should do something else...

Good Luck

5yr

#121     Nov 29, 2005
  2. Day 27
    Patience is a VIRTUE...

# of Disasters: 0

I have to be profitable on each and every single trade, and build my day up... one trade at a time. Get out of a trade when it isn't working for you. Just get out, with a small loss and move on...

Opening mintues are so erratic that I need to be very careful when taking a trade. I need to use limit orders effectively.

It is OK to not get filled on some trades. And I serioulsy need to comprehend that it is OK to not take trades, and not have trades on at all times. Waiting for the right entry is crucial.

#122     Nov 29, 2005
  3. Oh come on 5yr...

You and I both know that even the best traders won't make much money on those 200 out of 250 trading days. They make bulk of their money on the the other 50 trading days.

Thats all there is to trading, be profitable and stay in the game even when you lose.

#123     Nov 29, 2005
  4. Ok, finally at zero, why do you not sound happy with # of "disasters" at 0? :confused:

#124     Nov 29, 2005
  5. Yeah I know I just like to give you sh-t, you get it if you keep working at it.

Good Luck

5yr

#125     Nov 29, 2005
  6. Not that I am even close to being one of the best traders but I have to disagree with your statement. For me, my best net day this year is $2450 and worst day is -$400. I've had 13 down days this year and am up 112K net so money can be made each and every day. I agree that certain days are much better than others but there is always lots to be made every day, its a matter of finding whats moving and playing it well.

#126     Nov 30, 2005
  7. Day 28
    Another Day...

# of Disasters: 5

Holding onto a huge losing loss is deadly, and thats what I did. The missed opportunities are just way too much to waste away. When it is time to get out of a trade, you just got to get out and go away. Do not try to cling onto a trade too long. You know right off the bat if the trade is going to work out or not, thus get out if the trade isn't there. Get out and move on....move on.. when the trade just isn't there. Don't let points tick away against you..absorb losses and stay on the attack.

Never cling to a trade too long, and never put yourself in a situation where you have to hope, and pray etc for it to go yourway. Get out and go the OTHER WAY.

#127     Nov 30, 2005
  8. Ripley what did u trade today?

#128     Nov 30, 2005
  9. Ripley......... i'll give you one thing, you've got balls.

I hope in 2 months you still have your balls attached.

Then I can share my full-time trading quest as well.

But seriously.... I must insist that you switch to paper-trading. Your ability to make mistakes, and not listen to yourself, is absolutely mind-blowing.

But what do I know, maybe you do have money to burn.

#129     Nov 30, 2005
  10. if u really think like this ur gonna get worn out really fast imo

#130     Nov 30, 2005