The Million $$$ Quest 2006

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Ripley, Jan 3, 2006.

1. I have the 2-hour abridged audio version of the book, which I bought in the mid-90s. I think it is one of the best tapes of its kind that I ever listened to. Interestingly, my post to Ripley on page 2 of this thread stems in part from my vague recollection of the content of that audio as it relates to goal setting.

#31     Jan 16, 2006
  2. I have a tape by Guy Finley recorded at a Ken Robert's trading Seminar in the 90s. Didn't go to the seminar - just bought the tape, and played it a couple dozen times since (called "A Rich Man's Secret"). Only second self-help tape I ever purchased. Not the best name but an excellent excellent tape; AND Guy Finley has a great voice and a powerful and thought-provoking delivery. Each time I get something more from it.

It's the same with Tracy's book.

when I read your post- it sounded familar -- actually prompted me to recommend the book. :p

Gl in 2006.

Ice
    :cool:

#32     Jan 16, 2006

3. Homerun hitters always die broke. singles and doubles will get you where you need to go.

#33     Jan 16, 2006
  4. The Greatest Game I'll ever Play

I need my fearlessness back. I need to seek the tommorrows. and not dwell on the pasts. I need to burn all the margin calls and huge losing trades everything I have journalized and preserved and kept as the relics of a fucking christmas past.

I need to get big. No time to waste. Wasted time is lives I am pissing away.. dreams being dried. I must let in on the resources that can make it happen. And I only got one life. I need to make it happen like I know I could.. like I can... it is only just reaching out and grabbing it... yet, it is so hard.

No time to waste.. Single-minded focus on what truly really matters...Make money you stupid bitch.... I must leave a legend. So close.. yet so far.. I must bridge the gap.

Single minded focus.. you stupid retarded fucking faggot.. why? how could you be so fucking clueless? unrelenting efforts, and every single second should be expanded on this one common goal.

Why is life so cruel.............I can beat life, I can beat the odds... I can make it happen... and I will....I will make it happen..
    I CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN.. and I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. only that you really cannot waste any more time.....only that you cannot waste any more efforts. Time, life, and people will not wait... you have to go after them.. chase after life, time ..............& make it happen.. MAKE IT HAPPEN...

I need to live for the TOMMORROWS... I must make the tommorrow happen.. like I know I can. I can.

#34     Jan 17, 2006
  5. ozzy

ozzy

Maybe you should change your career and concentrate on becoming a writer? What's the point of all this?

Is it attention you seek? or the hope that some guru will see your posts and see that your working really really really hard and mabye give you a shot at their hedge fund and a chance to lick his balls and possibly have the chance of shoving your nose half way up his ass for the almighty dollar?

Really ripley. Don't you have better things to do than right up nice little stories on the web?

When I read this shit it makes me want to puke.

" I CAN DO IT YES I CAN DO IT, I ONLY LIVE ONCE BLAH BLAH BLAH." WTF is this shit. Your not fucking 13 anymore. Stop this bullshit and make money.

P.S I mean all this in a good way. I want you to succeed ripley. Keep things tight, this is not an easy task you have a million other mother fuckers who want the same thing as you. Be strong.

good luck

#35     Jan 17, 2006
  6. Day 10

get UP & stay UP...

A kick in the face is precisely what I needed. Yesterday, I went to sleep at 1:45 am, and woke up at 5:30 am without an alarm. Thats less than 4 hours of sleep and I like it. I need to wake up early everyday. I got done with so many things this morning, and I was on top of everything. Thats all whats trading is all about.. .staying organized, and staying on top of everything. Its about doing what needs to be done right now and not piling it up for some other future day.

# of Disasters: 4

1) Do not chase after the price.. be patient and wait for it to come to you.

2) Have to use a trailing stop when you have a huge winner on hand. Trail profits intelligently at those critical support and resistance points.

3) Stick with the plan. There is a time to take a trade, and there is times when I should stand aside. When, I should just take profits and get away, rather than holding on and hoping for more.

4) Trade the plan, and avoid taking trades that isn't on the plan.. no matter how sweet they look.

#36     Jan 17, 2006
  7. man, this was a stressful read....

#37     Jan 17, 2006
  8. trade your plan

thats funny

I fell asleep on my table for a few hours today cause there were no trading signals.

I do this quite often

I sleep through like 12:00 -> 1:00
    pop up for 1:00 action :D

Set the alerts on high on!

#38     Jan 17, 2006
  9. Day 11

Money MACHINE

I need to come to grasps with the fact that my goal in trading is to make money. Trade to be able to take money out of my account. I need to make my account a vehicle for me to take money out of the market. I need to consistently take money out of the market. I should never add more money to a losing account ever again.

I need to strive for 70% win rate, with 3:1 R/R & never have a drawdown greater than >10%. Means, I need to bet my money when I am sure that the prices are going to go my way.

# of Disasters: 3

1) There is a time to take profits. You just have to take profits. I was +12 pts on a long and I let it get back to my BEP and allowed it to take me out of that trade. I need to take profits, by paying attention to when is the right time to bail. Thats +10 pts on the LONG, and +10 more on the short that I should've made. +20 pts, I just pissed away. Pay attention. Take profits when I need to, and stay alert.

2) Take trades only at those predefined, and clearly defined areas. I cannot jump in at a bad place, just because I missed an earlier entry. This is where it is key for me to pay attention to trading at all times, rather than wasting my time wandering around at other websites. Pay attention.. stay alert.. Take a lot of trades.

3) I need to quit adding more contracts to even a winning trade. There are times when its OK, but the last couple of days definetly weren't the time to add more cars. You need to put yourself in a position to hold onto good trade as long as you can.. and adding more cars isn't the way to go. Let winners ride, protect profits and take profits. Add more only at advantageous prices, and only reenter on another trade signal.

#39     Jan 18, 2006
  10. volente_00

volente_00

rip, are you losing your mind ?
    Your are obssessed with your needs.
    Did you ever read "the disciplined trader" ?

#40     Jan 18, 2006