The military is being used to protect our freedoms

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jan 1, 2012.

1. Its not the guy but what they represent and the way they govern the country.If their guys won and ran the country the way they wanted idiots like Lucrum wouldn't be hoping to overthrow the government

#21     Jan 1, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Care to exxplain what you mean by this? What is this "heinous" way that lucrum wants to run the country?

#22     Jan 1, 2012
  3. Guys like Lucrum have been talking about revolution for awhile now

#23     Jan 1, 2012
  4. I was only going off of your previous statement. I'll let Lucrum speak for himself.

#24     Jan 1, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

In my original post in this thread you said you agree with me that politicians from both sides are fucking us, and putting our lives in jeopardy because of their actions, but you dont want to see drastic change?

#25     Jan 1, 2012

6. How he wants it run is not the point,we all have our opinions on that.Since he's not getting his way he supports a revolution is the point

#26     Jan 1, 2012
  7. I do,and will vote for Ron Paul because of that.If Romney or Gingrich wins though I will not support or hope that the government is overthrown.We can change our leaders and government at the voting booth,if more people have a different opinion then me and their guys gets elected I accept that

#27     Jan 1, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

You seem to think that by "not getting his way" lucrum is mad that its not a republican in charge, where as in reality he has been highly critical of the government on both sides and has stated adamantly he is simply voting third party.

You dont seem to understand the fact that for most thinking people it has nothing to do with an (R) or a (D) it is the systematic destruction not only of our rights, but the destruction of the country as a whole, at the hands of the government (regardless of party) that is pissing people off.

#28     Jan 1, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

"In 1852, an American entrepreneur named James Jewett, master of the merchantman Philomela, wrote a letter to Secretary of State Daniel Webster. In it, he asked if American citizens could legally harvest guano on the Lobos Islands, to be sold as fertilizer to the opening farmlands of the Midwest. Webster, ever the guardian of American commercial interests, wrote back, "It may be considered the duty of this Government to protect citizens of the United States who may visit the Lobos Islands for the purpose of obtaining guano." Jewett went on to ask the secretary of the navy to send a warship to Peru, just to make sure that no foreigners got in the way."

Edit: "Appalled, the Peruvians responded by declaring the islands off-limits to foreign guano miners. Meanwhile, British and American warships weighed anchor and sailed toward the equator." (Not as allies, by the way.)

Empires of Food: Feast, Famine, and the Rise and Fall of Civilizations
    by Evan D.G. Fraser and Andrew Rimas (2010).

That's the most immediate example I have in front of me. The principle of the thing goes back to the beginning of recorded history, and no doubt beyond.

#29     Jan 1, 2012
  10. Not saying that.I'm saying that he is pissed that whoever he wants to run the country is not running it or its not being run the way he wants it run so he supports a revolt

#30     Jan 1, 2012