The Middle Class in America Is Radically Shrinking. Here Are the Stats to Prove it

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Range Rover, Jul 24, 2010.

1. The problem is that not everyone can be taught to be a techie at Apple, Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, Amazon, IBM, Google...etc...etc...etc, but everyone can be taught to bend steel.

The technology sector is great to have, but because only a small percentage of your population can do it, it's not enough to base an entire economy on.

#11     Jul 25, 2010
  2. Except the people who have no skills can vote. This basically means the erosion of property rights, theft, and a progression to the point where the poor can no longer be subsidized through government as the wealthy leave or get killed.

And I don't fully agree with your assertion. You could be useful in this society as a ditch digger, but the poor didn't protect their labor monopoly and let illegals flood the system. As it currently stands, in big cities, you can't even get a job as a delivery boy because the job is almost always taken by someone who defies the law. Although, I suppose you could argue that because the poor are intellectually lacking, they didn't bother to protect their monopoly. In theory, they could still tariff out their competitors within this closed market.

They never should have given voting rights to non-land owning people. They don't own the means of production, so they will always seize it via the government to their own detriment.

#12     Jul 25, 2010
  3. Exactly.
    No skin in the game? = NO VOTE

#13     Jul 25, 2010
  4. Your appalling lack of cognitive ability tells me you're one of the poor class.

Yet another illiterate Joe-the-plumber type who thinks he'll win the lottery and buy a business in the future.

#14     Jul 25, 2010
  5. Mav88

Mav88

I'm calling bullshit on that one, given all the pension fund ownership, that 50% of households owned stock in 2000, and that mutual funds are owned by more than 1% of folks.

This very liberal piece says that the top 20% own 93% of financial assets, which seems about right. http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html

If you can't get the simple facts accurate, then the rest of what is said is manure.

#15     Jul 25, 2010
  6. \

Plus IT technology can easily be copied. Only copyright laws protect against copying.

#16     Jul 26, 2010
  7. Ah, you're like one of those old aristocrats. Not born in a good family, then your just one of the plebs. The joke here is that you are probably one of the plebs, condemning plebs.

#17     Jul 26, 2010