The "mentor"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SillyWilly, May 12, 2018.

1. bone

bone

Totally dead nuts on. There is no one "superior" or correct way to trade markets.

One of the upsides for me in terms of doing client work is actually seeing clients use your system in ways you hadn't considered before.

I have a former client who just prints money trading LME Gold outright. Which I wouldn't do personally. But he swears that his edge is with spread relationships. So good on him.

I have a London client who came to me as a Brent vs. WTI spread trader but he was a wreck - actually went to the hospital for a panic attack. Eighteen months later it turned out he was of all things a crackerjack Treasury Yield Curve trader.

Some clients will really surprise and impress you. And I still get Skype messages and personal emails from clients I worked with years ago. That's kinda cool in this era of remote screens and isolation.

#31     May 16, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

thank you for sharing your experiences

#32     May 20, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

it is a real pleasure to meet real traders and especially professional traders

#33     May 20, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. padutrader

padutrader

yes i know.
    i know how much money it is possible to make trading naked....i once converted 200 usd into 20000 usd ....in one day.
    yes it was on sim/demo, but it is just an indication of the kind of return you can make in naked leveraged trading:your risk is losing 200 usd.
    so why bother wasting time and emotional energy to get peanuts mentoring compared to leveraged naked trading.

#34     May 20, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

whenever i hear arbitrage and now spread betting i get the impression of an activity which is risk free.
    what is spread betting?
    of course if it is risk free then the return will be well terrible

#35     May 20, 2018
  6. padutrader

padutrader

i am a scalper
    i will take that [2 cents] any day risk adjusted it is huge:D

#36     May 20, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

you have fantastic imagination
    that is why i do not teach.

i do 'evacuate' on ET regularly.. but that is to spend time between trades.

i do get comments regularly saying that "my posts are worse than junk mail" and that "i do not know how to read charts " and a lot of traders tell me i am trading like shit...but these guys are really kind because they show me my mistakes...they are mentoring me free of charge:D
    they force me to go back and check

#37     May 20, 2018