The meme and Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wee man, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Will a strike against Iran be a war too far for the global economy? The markets/real estate topping and 'it's different this time' mentality is something that has a very ominous feeling to it.

Is the 'meme' lurking nearby.......

2. Pabst

Pabst

Please let me know when index futures have topped. I didn't get the memo.

How do you know war against Iran will be bearish? The market bottomed at the same time we invaded Iraq.

Here's facts. The market has overhanging concern about Islamo-facsism. If the Western allies, (NATO) acting as a unified force, were to squelch Iran's nuclear program, the market could explode to the upside. Personally I don't think those scenarios are probable and I also think the three plus year advance is getting long in the tooth. However I don't think Iran is a paramount factor in the global index trade.

3. OK, Let's assume the Bush army cant get any pal's to join them for a day trip to Iran, the hand wringers are still woefull of another quagmire like Iraq.
    If that situation arrives I cant imagine a better short.imho.

4. TGregg

TGregg

You must read a different EliteTrader board than I, seems like I see a post about how the market bottomed or topped every day. ;)