The meaning of risk. What does risk mean to you?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Amahrix, Sep 20, 2019.

1. deaddog

deaddog

The problem is that there is no risk with a demo account.

#51     May 27, 2021
  2. Risk means opportunity for me.

#52     May 28, 2021
  3. kroxobor

kroxobor

Risk can be also considered as variability of returns. The higher is variance the less is risk-adjusted returns which is one the basic gauges of trading performance. One way to reduce parameter is to use lower-leverage and cut loss at predefined level.

#53     May 31, 2021
  4. benten

benten

For me, high risk means trading with high leverage.

#54     May 31, 2021
  5. I believe that risk is a medium to tell a trader that they need to enhance their knowledge and trading skills.

#55     May 31, 2021
  6. deaddog

deaddog

You cannot control your risk unless you can define it.

#56     May 31, 2021
  7. Vtechno

Vtechno

I see risk as time. Not exactly time but when I think deeply into it then that is the end result. I will always be able to recover from any loss, given time. If I blow up an account and lose 100% (which I have done and assume most traders have) then I think about the time it will take to recover from the loss.

#57     May 31, 2021
  8. deaddog

deaddog

I'd be more concerned about where I'd get the capital to start again. I sure as hell don't want to go back to work.

#58     May 31, 2021
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

no shit. That’s why the post you quoted stated it was good for understanding how a trading platform works.

#59     May 31, 2021
    deaddog likes this.
  10. Vtechno

Vtechno

Seed money is easy these days. Sell some old baseball cards or take out an unsecured loan at less than 5%. There has never been a better time to use leverage. It's not responsible but trying to get rich within a short time frame never is.

Edit: I'm talking about 5 figures(or lower 6) and growing from there

#60     May 31, 2021