The McCain Oscillator*

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Nov 4, 2008.

1. 2:00 minutes till release. Goldman on the tape with a prediction of 300,000.....

#21     Nov 7, 2008
  2. Get Your Darn STARS OUT FOLKS STONEY HAS BIIIIIG NEWS!!!!

From our last missive of buys- Big Upping-

4) FSYS Actually down a bit after yesterday which is shocking... big short position huge growth have not reduced earnings guidance a bit of a dangerous play here-- kind of stuck. Preying for the best- big earnings guide higher and a short covering rally... that will get us to $40 in a hurry... but alas we sit at $24-$25.

Anybody want to guess where we are today????
    If I told you we were up 40% would IT HELP!!

Ok I'm going to stay cool. I'm not going to freak. My hands are shaking a bit.... holy cow what a frekin' call... if you go to Big Upping I believe you will find all the facts about the co there's a small chance that is in the thread behind that one " 3rd Time Is A Charm "... I dare say taken in total these three threads represent the best I have to offer. It's a one man fight against the forces of nature but if you are going to take away all my long term funds that I cannot touch then I'm sure as hell gonna try to make something happen now.

If you all have 40% gainers today great. But if you don't ask yourself " why? " " why don't I listen to the stonedinvestor..." .... Which brings us to Perini. PCR.
    Now you are saying Why the F did I listen to stoney but I have to say it could of been a whole lot worse... that big rev reduction was from their own estimates thank god analysts had always done a lot of that work so the scale down is not as sever as it first looked. What we do have here folks is a company that completes it's jobs on time and on budget if you read through Chicago Bridge & Iron you will find a company that does just the opposite. It does matter.
    We are only down 5% or so.

For afternoon buys TRLG is top to look at because it was on my watch list but I scratched it off when the teen retailers reported it gapped up today might be earnings I'm not sure... If you had to you could buy ORLY it's going up a buck from here but I'm looking for bigger ideas. If anyone has any pleas post because as this week winds down I have plumb run out of ideas! ~ stoney

#22     Nov 7, 2008
  3. I JUST SOLD FSYS UP OVER 40% on the day.

here's the earnings beat-

Fuel Systems Solutions (FSYS) didn't just manage to crush third quarter earnings estimates, it obliterated them. Sales rose an astounding 62% from $65 million to $106 million, and earnings jumped from a loss of $359,000 to a gain of $18 million or 75 cents a share. The company beat its top line forecast by 23% and in the process, nearly tripled its bottom line expectations. Consensus of estimates had the company pegged at 26 cents of earnings, on sales of $86 million.

Gross margin expansion and SG&A reduction: FSYS's gross profit margin increased a striking 500 basis points from 24% to 29% while the company's Selling, General & Administrative costs shrank 640 basis points from 15.6% to 9.2% of sales. Interest expense dropped 75% from $203,000 to $51,000. FSYS improved its liquidity by slashing its long term debt by 33% from $9.4 million to $6.3 million and increasing its cash position from $27 million to $34 million.

Outlook ratcheted up: The company increased its full year sales guidance from $350 million to $385 million while bumping its operating income forecast from 12% to 14%. The company stressed it remains confident regarding the prospects of continued organic growth and has the financial strength to invest in incremental growth opportunities.

Share direction is up: The last time FSYS delivered earnings, the shares more than doubled in a very short time. This earnings release was even a larger beat than FSYS's very strong second quarter results, so an even more intense rally is possible. Wall Street was apparently most impressed with the company's results, as the shares ran up almost 20% in after hours trading, closing near the $32 mark.

Weeeeeeeeeee. BoooYa JIMBO....

#23     Nov 7, 2008
  4. Slipping out of support channels for the first time today. Now would be a good time to buzz Barack and have him make the announcement. We should get a furious Lawrence Summers end of day rally.... Common.... all this risk taken overnight lets really drive home the point!!!

WE NEED A OBAMA ANNOUNCEMENT NOW!!!

Ladies & Gents I would like to be the first on Elite Trader to make an observation- If we can hold today and build we will have put in a right shoulder on all the indices... a head and shoulder bottoming pattern is starting to develop. That is very good news, much better than any V reaction... this often leads to rallies of several months and don't we all need that?

I'm totally played out. exausted. I have not been able to sleep lately. Mentally whipped. Emotionally weak. I'd like to wrap this thread up with some hopeful dates NOV 14th 20 Leaders Discuss Financial crisis / NOV 17 Lame Duck Session of congress on bailout... Possible TARP news in this time frame too and continued high profile Obama economic appointments... all of that combined with no forced selling from hedge funds after the 12th should lead to a powerful up move into Thanksgiving.

The hope would be that this would be the beginning of a sustained move up but I'm not quite ready to say that yet with all the GM F stuff going on. These last days were scary you needed a steady hand and a man with vision that others do not possess. That's why I smoke- to find that man, he's often hiding in the bushes. I shouldn't get ahead of myself because we could turn over any moment, but you must admit I've earned my cheese lately if any of this works out.

have a great weekend, lets finish up 700 and GO GIANTS!!!!~stoney

#24     Nov 7, 2008