The Matrix Reloaded

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, May 15, 2003.

1. taodr

taodr

My daughter says it is not as good as first, not much story line. Lots of special effects though.

#11     May 23, 2003
  2. I'm going to check it out this weekend.

#12     May 23, 2003
  3. Yup, saw it myself last weekend. Felt the same.

But still, I will definitely be a paying customer for the last episode in November. I think maybe the first movie was great because it gave birth to the story, and this "Reloaded" episode is just a set-up for the finale. And I agree with your comment about the effects becoming "numbing"....I mean a 14 minute chase scene? These kinds of endless effects would be better exploited in an Omni -Max type format....make a whole movie like that for 20 minutes or so.

A lot of questions and not many answers in this movie. The last chapter should be much better (I hope).

Peace,
    :)RS

#13     May 23, 2003
  4. Leeward O'ahu?

We are on the North Shore.

[​IMG]

#14     May 23, 2003
  5. DT-waw

DT-waw

Matrix 'Reloaded' and 'Revolutions' will be open at IMAX theaters. I wonder if I could see them at Warsaw theater... probably in 2004... :mad:

#15     May 23, 2003
  6. sunnie

sunnie

Kona on the BI...saw the Matrix Reloaded for the second time the other day...made a lot more sense after seeing it again... the original matrix, a classic in my opinion, set the standard....am downloading the Matrix Reloaded video as we speak...(or write):)

#16     May 23, 2003
  7. awesome movie, could do without the sex though.

#17     May 23, 2003
  8. Guess I'm in the minority, as I didn't care a lot for the original, mainly because I thought the BIG EXPLANATION for the scenario was lame (farming human bodies for electricity?), I never found the action very compelling, and other aspects of the story struck me as hokey and predictable. I thought Re-Loaded expanded on the scenario in a more interesting way, or at least in a less silly way, but mainly I enjoyed the two main action sequences - for all their fantastical, exquisitely photographed and choreographed momentum and excess. The story and the scenario gives it all symbolic content, but even just as eye and ear candy it was excellent.

#18     May 23, 2003
  9. Much better than the first film. If you didn't like Reloaded, you just didn't understand it.

#19     May 23, 2003
  10. Didn't completely understand it, not because I did not like it, but because it was completely nonsensical, took dramatic license to a new level. Reloaded and deleted already.

Carrie Moss cum Catwoman. 2 thumbs up.

#20     May 23, 2003