The Masters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think this board has just hit an all time low. We just had one of the greatest Masters Tournaments in history and not one single post about it. You have got to be kidding me.

We had Arnold Palmer retiring after playing in 50 straight Masters tournaments and Phil Mickelson won his first major in 47 tries on the 18th hole on the final put. Unreal man. Sometimes I wonder about my fellow ETers.

I mean lets give this Bush/Iraq/Condi et al threads a rest. We have started over 50 threads on this genre in the past few weeks. Meanwhile, we have one of the greatest Masters tournaments ever and nothing, not one post. I really don't know what to think of this.

Oh well, to those of you that watched, it was something to remember. To those of you that didn't, that spent all your time searching the web for new articles to copy and paste about Condi Rice, Bush, and company, well, I feel sorry for you. You know, it's not illegal to have a life of your own. I mean you are allowed to enjoy yourself every now and then. Just something to think about.

2. EBOAH

EBOAH

I agree, this was one of the best Masters tournaments I watched in many many years. We saw several back nine eagles and two "Aces" on the 16th hole within 8 minutes by Padraig Harrington and Kirk Triplett.

Congrats to Phil Mickelson!!!

:)

Yeah, some people (Waggie) spend their entire Lives 16/7 in front of their computer glued to ET Chit Chat, posting obsessively about what was said or not said, done or not done, blah blah blah.... yawn! It's scarry pathetic!

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

My sentiments exactly!

And I also congratulate Phil Mickelson on a great win. He deserves it.

4. You guys are right. The masters is far more important than the war in Iraq. I was on the road and didn't watch it. Did anyone hit a home run?:confused:

5. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I agree with the other guys ... great final round. Els had to be disappointed big time with the end result after playing so well Sunday.

As far as the poster who brought up Iraq ... can you spell V-I-E-T-N-A-M? Iraq may be one of the biggest fiascos the US has gotten involved in ... do you think it's smart to spend BILLIONS of $$$ over there while we have plenty of areas we could spend the same money here at home?

Actually the Masters was more important to me ... if we weren't trying to be the world's policemen we wouldn't be talking about Iraq.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm going to go on record and predict that no one on this board is even going to talk about the upcoming NFL draft or the French Open Tennis Tournament next month. This board sucks. Seriously, I know you guys have other interests other then Condi Rice and Bush right? Or do you?

7. rgelite

rgelite

I watched on Saturday and Sunday but not primarily for the golf which can be had nearly 24 hours a day on cable (though I grant you this year's Masters had interesting personal confluences). Call me silly, but I think Augusta, Georgia in springtime is one of the most beautiful nature shows on TV. I look forward to it every year. Nearly every camera shot is a picture of Eden. And I'm an atheist.

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

There are few places on Earth more beautiful then Augusta, Georgia in April.

9. rgelite

rgelite

:D Thanks, Mav. :D

10. rgelite

rgelite

In an effort to combine threads here, I was just thinking of what goes through the mind of a suicide bomber and wondering, if they could somehow convince me (an atheist) of the chance at eternity in Augusta in April with, say, 72 of the 102 combined Miss USA and Miss Teen USA (virgins or not, I'm not a picky guy) waiting for me, well, hell... :cool:

#10     Apr 12, 2004