The markets have a plan, but........

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HATEtheRisk, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Yo, check this out.:cool:

Cant be that i am alone with this feeling.

When i am in the market, i feel like in open water full of sharks.

I cant sleep, i cant go away from the screen until the risk is taken out of the position, i just have to wait and watch the clock, tick for tick for tick.

Tick Tack Tick Tack Tick Tack.........

Silence......

Coffee.........

Shower.......

Tick Tack Tick Tack Tick Tack......

:eek: :eek: :eek:

#11     Jul 9, 2012
  2. Of course,

i dont have fear or doubts, that i will make money on the long run,
    but on the short run, always anything bad can happen.

Its because, doesnt matter how super cool money making strategies you have in your weapon arsenal, you still have to trade them and sit on your lazy ass and wait and watch and wait and watch.

Best thing is to not think about it at all.

Of course i am in open water full of shark and every one want to eat me, but i drive a big ship and just flow over the sharks away.

As just how i said yesterday, if you be so high in the sky, you can touch the stars.

#12     Jul 9, 2012
  3. HTR:

You did state some truths.

I follow a set of truths only to succeed.

I feel that you can do the same.

I crossed predition off my list of things to consider. Prediction is NOT possible. Einstein characterized all things the happen over and over as his reality. He said to not expect any change in these things because it would be insane.

In your languaging, set ups happen over and over. A set up, to work has to have three parts: an entry a hold and an exit. Most people express their set ups as just entries.

we differ greatly in our approaches. When I think in your terms, I do see a very limited number of three part setups. fortunately they are connect together one after another.

So for me, I do not feel rushed or anxious about anything. Each segment works fine and as anticipated.

The market is like a maze where there are many pathways. the pathways are very set in stone. So it is possible to always "know that you know" so to speak.

Find the pieces and put the pieces together.

#13     Jul 9, 2012
  4. Hello,

very nice thoughts from you.

Yes, i have three parts setup.

The entry and exit are clear, only thing what worries me is the hold.

You must know, i work every "hold" part, in a bar by bar scenario, step by step, not tick by tick. Sometimes i watch the ticks, but not usually.

So then in this let it hold and flow part, its just the time that kills my ego of "i want to have it know". Know what i mean?
    Its the time factor, what i dont like?

I watch time and my clocks more than the price.

The connection between time and price is huge.

And i know time leads price, not the other way.

Know what i mean?
    Dealing with things that havent happen yet, is playing with fire.
    :p

#14     Jul 9, 2012
  5. Apparently you're a much better trader, with some advance knowledge that I don't really understand well. Good luck!

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/reply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=3566978

#15     Jul 10, 2012
  6. I am putting myself in your place.

The hold, after you enter, has two basic parts that I think you are watching.

One part are the bars that make progress for the trade you are undertaking.

These bars tell you the trending. You can make all bars do this with the other basic part. I'll call these bars "shadow bars" since they are "inside" of the shadow a prior trending bar casts.

So as you hold, relax as a bar forms a trending bar.

If the next bar is always in the shadow, relax and make it just be a shadow bar.

My display does all of this automatically because the "shadow bars" do not count in trending. For me, they are all in yellow boxes. Right from the beginning of the bar. It is very relaxing.

About half of bars trend and about half of bars are in shadows.

I am glad to hear you have the "exit" part understood. everything I do is a consideration of the "exit".

#16     Jul 10, 2012
    #17     Jul 10, 2012
  8. This post is about what you watch mostly: the clock and the price bars, bar by bar.

I do not watch the clock and I watch people instead of price.

Attached is a pic of a "hold".

It goes from "exit" A to exit E. All of it is a hold.

A and E are the same but at different ends.

the trend retrace begins at C (See bubbles) and the retrace ends at D (See wigglies).

In a hold there are three price moves that make up a trend: the beginning move; the retrace; and the last move.

In time that you watch the space in time between each letter A, B, C, D and E is about the same. It could be 3 or 4 5-minute bars.

What limits most traders in making money is that they do not know what is going on all the time, bar by bar.

I worked out what is going on for the spaces between the letters.

There are 7 quicky events that could happen between an exit and within the first 3 or 4 bars. A failure to break out is familiar. you may also do bookmarks of trend endings.

Not all trends have quicky events. Usually a trend goes to the point 2 of a parallelogram. I marked that as "retrace begins" C. This is what defines the left trendline in trends.

After the retrace ends, the parallelogram is set in stone and all that is left to watch is the last move of the trend.

This move can only end in one of 10 ways. This is your list of exits that you learned.

What can be very calming is to keep track of all the parts I mentioned. They all tell you that the trend is NOT finished.

Today (10JUL12) there were 6 quickies and 6 other than quicky trades. 12 trades all together.

The quickies were on bars: 18, 21, 43, 47, 55, and 65.

The other trades were (E types)bars: 2, 14, 40 , 52, 59, and 75.

You can see that the two kinds are mixed together to get the 12 trades.

By knowing the 7 quickies and knowing the 10 other kinds, you can keep track of everything coming up bar by bar always before the bar that the trade is on.

In the making money world all of this is now under the topic of Relative Data Base Management Systems. A common language that I have mentioned is SQL. Another is Haskell.

#18     Jul 10, 2012
  9. Paddler

Paddler

Seven quicky events at trend overlapping? Ten ways for the last dominant price move?

Looks like you have upgraded market behaviors from Boolean vector orientation to one of Finite Math (or who knows what it is RDBMS). Hehe.

#19     Jul 11, 2012
  10. ocean5

ocean5

Jack ,hi

Is it possible to have a plan and to trade 5 min chart only,without OTR and YM panes?

It's me,"80 tons of equipment to the Moon",btw

#20     Jul 11, 2012