the Market will not like this--------

Discussion in 'Trading' started by executioner, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Remember the fed never hinted at a rate reduction

The fed has been cautious about inflation for the past year.

#11     Jun 6, 2007
  2. I don't think so Joab. Some of the the smarter folks who are bullish, probably only Makloda has any sense of how to do anything but buy, will take advantage of a pullback or turnaround in the markets. The rest, Eqtrdr/stock_turder/etc, will either hang on for a long time without any money to do anything or they'll get burned.

The economy has been looking bad for a long time if you ask me. But, and this is the most important 'but' in my opinion, the markets often don't give a shit about the economy. It looks like this latest lash of realization that no rate cut is coming might be a nail in the coffin.

MS announcing flashing sells across the board might be another. A company like Panera cutting guidance again might be another. No matter what, it looks like everything has slowed and it's time to retreat a little in the markets.

Time to look for some short candidates. Cheers. :D

#12     Jun 6, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

#13     Jun 6, 2007
  4. Mvic

Mvic

Anyone think the timing of Tudor Jones closing the small cap fund for lack of opportunities and Prudential axing its equity coverage division are telling?

#14     Jun 6, 2007
  5. A few of you obviously skipped school to get high the day they taught how to complete a transaction. I have taken the liberty to post the lesson here for you:

Main Entry: sell
    Pronunciation: 'sel
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): sold /'sOld/; sell·ing
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English sellan; akin to Old High German sellen to sell, Greek helein to take
    transitive verb
    1 : to deliver or give up in violation of duty, trust, or loyalty and especially for personal gain : BETRAY -- often used with out <sell out their country>
    2 a (1) : to give up (property) to another for something of value (as money) (2) : to offer for sale b : to give up in return for something else especially foolishly or dishonorably <sold his birthright for a mess of pottage> c : to exact a price for <sold their lives dearly>
    3 a : to deliver into slavery for money b : to give into the power of another <sold his soul to the devil> c : to deliver the personal services of for money
    4 : to dispose of or manage for profit instead of in accordance with conscience, justice, or duty <sold their votes>
    5 a : to develop a belief in the truth, value, or desirability of : gain acceptance for <trying to sell a program to the Congress> b : to persuade or influence to a course of action or to the acceptance of something <sell children on reading>
    6 : to impose on : CHEAT
    7 a : to cause or promote the sale of <using television advertising to sell cereal> b : to make or attempt to make sales to c : to influence or induce to make a purchase
    8 : to achieve a sale of <sold a million copies>
    intransitive verb
    1 : to dispose of something by sale <thinks now is a good time to sell>
    2 : to achieve a sale; also : to achieve satisfactory sales <hoped that the new line would sell>
    3 : to have a specified price
    - sell·able /'se-l&-b&l/ adjective
    - sell down the river : to betray the faith of
    - sell short
    1 : to make a short sale
    2 : to fail to value properly

#15     Jun 6, 2007
  6. Mate the difference btween Soros and day traders is vast and trying to compare his trading style to most on here is very foolish No offence:D

#16     Jun 6, 2007
  7. Mvic

Mvic

LOL, maybe. I was right about the drop back in Feb and didn't start going short until end of Dec so maybe I am 2 month early again.

#17     Jun 6, 2007
  8. Joab says, "byLoswllhi, we've been trying to warn people for the last 3 months but i think we are wasting our breathe in here."

What he means he's been picking tops. Wasting your breath? You think too highly of your opnion.

#18     Jun 6, 2007
  9. One more thing: REITs are going to get a beat down.

#19     Jun 6, 2007
  10. i know you are mostly an instigator , but at least once in a while give some educated reason why you do not agree. maybe then some may actually think you are not just a phony.

executioner gave some reasoning that someone who may be inclined to, investigate if his point has any empirical evidence.

i am one of those that suggests elitetrader may be hurt by people with the one line posts, regardless of their purported ability to trade.

#20     Jun 6, 2007