The market loves Ben - Fed considering securities purchase

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Kassz007, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Ah here we go again. Another person in the "deflation is good for everybody" crowd. Since this is only your second post, I'll assume you haven't read the countless threads and debates about deflation/inflation and their effects on the economy.

If deflation hits the USA hard enough, it will be bankruptcy. You cannot pay back trillions of dollars in debt with deflation present.

Deflation is not a "bogeyman". Deflation is very real, and very dangerous. Read up on the effects of deflation on an economy. You will realize that there is more at work than simply "prices re-adjusting to new realities."

#21     Aug 30, 2010
  2. Have been reading the exact same thing on these boards for years now. When is it coming? Timing is important.

#22     Aug 30, 2010
  3. Where in my OP did I make a comment that would warrant a fade? I don't have an opinion on market direction - it's a loser's game.

I also never said the Friday rally had anything to do with QE talk.

So please, just because you were short on Friday and got your ass handed to you, doesn't mean you should start with the insults.

#23     Aug 30, 2010
  4. What am I cheerleading again? I don't predict. I could care less if market goes up or down.

My generation? My ideology? You have no clue what you're talking about. Your third post on these boards was just as terrible as your second.

#24     Aug 30, 2010
  5. But what does that have to do with the Fed?

#25     Aug 30, 2010
  6. I was long ES from 46 to 72... it's in the ES Journal.

#26     Aug 30, 2010
  7. Eight

Eight

we're recovering... high end consumers are spending, eventually the job situation will get better and we'll be booming... pessimism is greatest at the bottom and economists and all those useful idiots never, ever, ever, get much of anything right... the chronically unemployed ranks will grow, what the heck else can happen? People in the US are getting older and machines have been replacing workers for 4 decades now, every recovery since 1973 has had increasingly more joblessness associated with it...

#27     Aug 30, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Bubble ben bernanke knows how to keep an economy propped up, way to go bubble ben, keep bailing out the system because thats the answer to this credit crisis. Keep rates at 0% and keep spending trillions and creating programs for those who cannot afford to stay in their houses. This is fucking pathetic, this is not the answer to fix this crisis and nearly everyone will find this out in years to come when the economy is still completely upside down.

Anyone who thinks keeping rates at 0% and bailing out the system if a complete fool.

#28     Aug 30, 2010