The market is whispering something...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Babak, Jan 14, 2003.

1. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

*I* heard Manuel Asensio was the best short seller in America. :)

http://www.asensio.com/

btw, has anyone read his book?

#51     Jan 15, 2003
  2. IMHO

Only thing I can see from the war in Iraq is that it would put us in a perfect position to take over Iran.

Iraq and Afghanistan surround Iran and we need to get rid of them, who cares if the world thinks we are one big bully most of these jokers were parading in the streets loving the whole 9/11 travesty. I think our hatred toward all these countries considered to be part of the "axis of evil" seems to have weaned off a bit. we have 3000 casualties that need to be redeemed and fuckem if they think that we are overpowering there countries, we need to let all of these future/potential martyrs that their families are at risk everytime they have a proposed attack against us presented to them.

Kill em all and take there oil, there land there lives and see if they have the stones or the means to attack us again.

This is just my opinion but remember we still have thousand of lives that were lost on our soil and to stand back and the let the political views of all these tree huggers stop us it will only make us vulnerable to another travesty.

Lets take care of one another here in the US and skip out on all others that pose a threat against us.

The way it should be is never the way it is folks.

Comp

#52     Jan 15, 2003
  3. Comp I share in your emotions. And a big part of me wants exactly what you want.

Of course I know that you meant to include that if we take their oil, it will only be to assure that the supply is uninterrupted, thereby hopefully stabilizig prices for the industrialized nations whose economies are still relatively dependent on oil, which would have a positive effect on the equities markets and a negative effect on the speculative price of oil.

Not to mention that although we have taken their oil, they will recieve the same payments for same as they would have normally. We will just be in control of it.

Yeah, I see how that is trading-related. Nice post!!

:)

#53     Jan 15, 2003
  4. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

inandlong.......
    I thought that little word under your name said "MODERATOR"
    Mebbe' it said "INSTIGATOR" .......jeeez

#54     Jan 15, 2003
  5. knowing the results of 7 years of audit. I believe the results, which say he was profitable by over 25% EVERY year including the 1996-1999 period of the bull makret.. Take it up with the 2 Wharton Business School grads who wrote the book, if you dont believe the results.

I'm not to full of myself to admit this" I dont know who neiderhoffer is". Can someone please tell me who he is. Thank you. I would like to learn.

Vinny

#55     Jan 15, 2003
  6. "Starting new threads is a privilege granted to every registered member!

Not only am I a registered member, I am now an "Elite Member!" (where's my margarita? I mean, my longlost shaker of salt)

Inandlong, please make up your mind about whether political discussion about war is going to be accepted in this thread or not. I spent an hour and a half writing for you an extensive PM in response to your remarks, then came back to see this development. I would rather post my PM's on here so your comments can be addressed publicly.

As to compisnada's fascist post, I might bother to reply to his warmongering remarks, but one thing I can tell you, my Ignore List just increased by one member today.

Regardless of the fact that this is a financial market trader's forum, people here need to be told, whether they are willing to hear it or not, that there are some things in this world more important than money The willingness to go around killing is one of them.

I'd like to make money on the stock markets as much as anyone, but the business does not excuse anyone from the moral obligations that any human being has in this world. Finance does not excuse fascist mentalities.

#56     Jan 15, 2003
    #57     Jan 15, 2003
  8. My whole point was that we need to protect americans. Certain rules need to be followed in order for that to occurr and that it is it. People will die due to this yet, I feel it is justified if we are protecting ourselves.

As for putting me on your ignor list....I am flattered.

#58     Jan 15, 2003
  9. The purpose of my post there was to include something related to markets and trading as an example of how one could voice his or her political opinion and still relate it to markets and trading. Get it?

Actually I have often thought that regulation of oil prices would be a good thing, and that if push comes to shove, we should just take the stuff, pay what the world considers fair value, and get on with it.

It's ridiculous how the speculative price of oil affects the price at the pump.

#59     Jan 15, 2003
  10. Good post inandlong. I wish I had more market insight but I do not trade and this thread made my blood start to boil. I know thier are people on this board outside of the US and for them to com in and bad mouth our status in this world makes me mad.

Thanks for helping me out with this one.

comp

#60     Jan 15, 2003