The market is whispering something...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Babak, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Whispers:

"If you make it, they will come"

#21     Jan 15, 2003
  2. He hit 500 posts, got his Elite Member status, and began anew.

#22     Jan 15, 2003
  3. omcate

omcate

The following comments refer to US market only. IMHO:
    1. The Bush administration has been talking about the war against Iraq for months. The market has discounted this already.

2. US interest rate is at 41 year low. A lot of people think that the bull run in the bond market is over. There is asset re-allocation going on. This prevents the stock market from plunging. However, the US economy is still week. Retails sales are miserable. Labor market is soft. There is risk of deflation(just shop for clothing yourself). Housing foreclosures and bankruptcies are very high. It is difficult for the market to sky-rocket either.

3. The war against terrorism has been going on for almost 16 months. There was a real war against Afghanistan at the end of 2001. The defense and security sector has benefited a lot from these events already. There is little room to their stocks to go up.

:p

:cool:

:D

#23     Jan 15, 2003
  4. klutz

klutz

What a brilliant comment.........."the market is'nt whispering it's mumbling incoherently"

As for war, the monkey in the white house said yesterday that he was "sick and tired" of Saddam's lies and deceit. Poor George, must be really tough having to put up with Iraq........perhaps someone will explain to him that the decision to wage war should be handled by the UN

If there is a war it'll probably be over in a day {never mind a week} and then we can look forward to decades of more middle eastern turmoil, all thanks to idiots like Bush.

#24     Jan 15, 2003
  5. Hey, I wouldn't have even noticed that! Me and WDGANN got our Gold Member status. We get to sit in the special dining room now.

#25     Jan 15, 2003
  6. Perhaps Curious George should go fly a kite.

#26     Jan 15, 2003
  7. ____________________________________________________________
    Quote:

I'm not talking about a little air raid or cruise missile here and there- that's been going on for the last 12 years.

And you all wonder why these people are resentful of America.

Iraq should be required to disarm. But so should every other country in the world. Iraq is being bullied by this hypocrisy, and if you were in their position you would all be even more defiant than Hussein has been.

#27     Jan 15, 2003
  8. I hear when you get over 1000 posts that there is a free buffet at lunch too!

Dare I even wonder what those above 2000 get?

:)

#28     Jan 15, 2003
  9. You heard wrong. You don't get a free buffet at lunch.

If you post over 1,000 what you get is a free lunch with Warren Buffet.
    Or maybe only Jimmy Buffet. In which case you don't get lunch at all, but only a Margarita.

#29     Jan 15, 2003
  10. Gold & oil were tricky last war with Iraq also.

Markets still look strong;not finding many shorts.
    =================

''Buy to the sound of cannons'' Baron Rothchild

#30     Jan 15, 2003