The market is changing!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by HoCk, Sep 24, 2009.

1. HoCk

HoCk

I've been hitting big levels for the past 5 years, but it seems to be getting a lot harder recently. I always miss my entries and get slipped huge on my stops. I used to very profitable with this strategy, but it is seems to be getting a lot harder. I know this is a super common strategy, so how is everyone else handling this change? I know you can't be slamming keys anymore.

2. well it's pretty simple, if the market is changing just change your strategy. Thats what most good traders do....if you can't adapt to the markets your not going to survive in the long run.

3. AloAlo

AloAlo

so simple so easy

piece of cake

LOL ET what a place

4. punter

punter

this type of trading isn't dead, you just have to be a little more selective, like don't lean on shit stocks like AIG if you know its always pulling, or knowing that ubss/adfn quotes tend to be more real then not in nyse. i think you're right that pounding in like a monkey probably isn't going to cut it, and i don't think it would surprise anyone to hear that something a monkey could do would eventually run its course.

5. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

The only thing that has really changed about the market in the past 5-10 years is the tools people use to trade. Markets still go up and down like they always have, but everything happens a bit faster now. The technical advantage that a high-frequency manual screen trader had in the past is slowly being eroded. Cyborg Trading Systems offers automated tools that can allow you to execute the trades you want with the speed and accuracy of a machine, yet still maintain your discretion. Trading is 100% about tools (charts, trading front ends, etc.) and having the right tools can give you back the edge you used to have.

6. HoCk

HoCk

I agree markets are getting a lot faster, fundamentally it's the same. I'll checkout your product...looks interesting.

7. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

We offer a free month trial, so you can try it out and make sure that it's right for your needs.