The market is already discounting a Democrat President with leftist speech?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Economic worries?
    Old news fade fast, and subprime mess has been known for a long time.

DON'T GET INTO POLITICAL DISPUTES IN THIS POST
    But the market seldom reacts, it anticipates; and it's anticipating that a Democrat President with leftist speech will be elected.

Of course, when already elected, the stock market does better on Democrat govt's; as the market learns that they will not do all the leftist promises made during campaign.
    If they did they would became another Carter, and will not get reelected.

2. sho-tim

sho-tim

Market tanks before inaugeration, thus allowing certain financial gurus to say that market historically does better under democrats. (market rallying before next repub victory adds to the equation.)

3. piezoe

piezoe

The market will, of course, rally after the election of Obama, showing your assertion that this plunge has anything to do with the prospects of Obama being elected is just ridiculous.

4. More that a leftist President, the market hates uncertainty.

After election, uncertainty dissapears; and the market rallies, no matter who got elected.

5. piezoe

piezoe

Or even who gets elected.

6. sho-tim

sho-tim

You think that the market discounting an odds on favorite to win is ridiculous?
    Don't think you're an economist.

7. piezoe

piezoe

Yes, i think it is ridiculous. In fact, i know it is ridiculous. The reasons the market is tanking are well known to the entire world, except you. How is that possible?
    And no, I am not an economist.

8. fhl

fhl

Market down 10% since Obama elected.

The plunge protection team asks that you stop posting. rofl