"The market goes where it can f*ck the most people"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Amnesiac, May 17, 2006.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This is incredibly accurate and is one of the top ten posts on ET since I have been here.

#31     May 20, 2006
  2. institutions TEND to buy one weakness and sell on strength

individual traders TEND to buy on strength and sell on weakness

institutions TEND to have a long term time frame

individual traders TEND to have a short term time frame

individual INVESTORS tend to dollar cost average which means they buy more shares on weakness, and less shares on strength.

historically speaking, there is no 20 yr period in the history of the stock market where the latter strategy would not have made a decent return

the "market", which we often anthropomorphize is the just the sum total of all actions of short term time frame participants, long term time frame participants, hedgers, chasers, faders, etc.

#32     May 20, 2006
  3. referrin' to da title of this thread, it is obvious that da winners need plenty of losers otherwise they wudn't have had da chance of compundin' their rock solid strategy and multiply their returns. if it wasn't like that nobody wud have a go at it, innit[?]...losers won't be able to use large size for long; will have to reduce their bets and still be part of that pool feedin' da shark. i always try to follow size movin' in da mkt to understand better da mechanics of big traders strategies and for what i can see those who [seem to] enter with substantial size usually get da direction right, whatever da levels they get in'n'out, while those 1-3lotters keep gettin' punished on a reg basis..it's all in da ladder or L1.....no wonder tho, i don't think any1 with a winnin' strategy wud, in his right mind, keep it small just for da sake of it...

#33     May 20, 2006
  4. Your writing style pisses me off. And I don't think I'm alone. Why persist with it?

#34     May 20, 2006
  5. after changin' --'n'-- to --and-- i thot u all wud comprehend, i only avoid da letter 'g' at da end of gerundives, that's it...if u can't understand that u have deep issues.

#35     May 20, 2006
  6. mrbrint

mrbrint

ahhh come on ali g kicks ass........hahaha

#36     May 20, 2006
  7. Ebonics and trading mixed together. I picture Bitstream as some rastafari dude trading in Jamaica, am I right?:p

#37     May 20, 2006
  8. He doesn't trade, it's obvious. Anyone who trades knows how challenging it is and doesn't put that kind of effort into trivializing it.

So basically, I don't like having my intelligence insulted by being given advice from someone who has no basis for understanding what he's talking about.

#38     May 20, 2006
  9. sure, wha'eva' u say.

#39     May 20, 2006
  10. =============
    Exactly right & most
    profitable traders/investors do not have the goal of causing pain;
    its a plan to make profits. Some do seem to enjoy hurting themselves

And its assuradly not the fault of the moving averages;
    unless you think every one who covered shorts & bought around SPY /ES late last week / 200 dma was dumb money . I do not:cool: Good points as usual ,Spike500

#40     May 20, 2006