"The market goes where it can f*ck the most people"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Amnesiac, May 17, 2006.

1. Amnesiac

Amnesiac

I love this quote! All you need to know about trading is in this sentence. :D

BTW, that's a quote from "Leg The Spread" by C. Lynn, 2004.

2. skim

skim

Very true. Although perhaps it would be more accurate to say: "The market is 'pushed' to where it can f*ck the most people."

3. tman

tman

I agree with that statment generally. It does seem that there has been a growing bearish sentiment. Hopefully those bearish posters are positioned accordingly.........tman

4. If this is the case, then one needs to devise a strategy that doesn't allow them to get shaken off of parabolic moves.

Read The Logical Trader.

5. I believe this phrase in the title of this thread.

I trade my system and notice the market doing this while I quietly wait in the background. I often wonder why I am so fortunate to be out of the rat race. If my system fails, I do not know what I will do. I am searching for a back up system and do not have one. But I know it will not be found where the public goes fishing.

Michael B.

6. LOL, a friend of mine and I laugh alot about how the market will move in the direction that causes the most pain.

John

7. fu8k shorters. mart's up!

8. again, me thinks we'll have an exhaustion rally followed by a relatively long period of consolidation, maybe 10-20days in no mans land...then wooooosh...shorts punished once again, hee hee.

9. The thought is actually from the legendary Investor/Economist John Maynard Keynes...circa 1930.

But the Quote went like this: "The market will do what it must to make the most amount of participants wrong."

Read your history. Don't dishonor those who've come before you

#10     May 20, 2006