The Man Behind Facebook’s I.P.O. Debacle

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Livermoore said it .... stocks are put up to be sold to the public.... its just debt financing... they averaged down from 38 instead of 34. Big deal... seems like there is a lot of lost money out there in this trade. From the public that is... that's the only sure bet I would make

#21     Sep 5, 2012
  2. the1

the1

I will concede that in the eyes of the public FB has a bit of a black eye but time will heal this wound. There is a day in the future when FB will be trading above $38 per share and all will be forgotten. And their initial offering of $38 is low, relative to, say....GOOG's IPO back in the day. I realize they are different businesses with differing fundamentals but on a per share basis 38 bucks isn't high.

#22     Sep 5, 2012
  3. you confuse a share price perceived value with a bankster IPO retail scam number.

fail.

#23     Oct 9, 2012
  4. current trend is down.. still selling off shares to public.. lock up isn't finished.. who the freak knows what happens further out then that.. to say that its going to be worth something over even 28 bucks says you believe they are going to make sense financially of their user base. NO ONE knows that.. i'd be more likely to see upside risk if there were even clues to zzuckerbuck monetizing his traffic.. paying to get up on peoples news status is a mess.. i still am a doubter on this one.. this was so pumped and dumped even before it hit the public..

+1 on retail scam... still selling down share price to public.. diluation! retailers living on HOPIUM..

#24     Oct 9, 2012