The makers can be the takers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by L-Kabong, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

And most of the true conservatives would like to see it ended. And have been saying so for years. Why didn't Odumbo do it his first two years? Apparently your messiah supports corporate welfare.

#11     Dec 3, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Really? That's your response? I'm not upset at all. If you wish to post rubbish as your supporting argument for trying to make corporations into takers, by all means, go right ahead.

Corporate welfare IS a form of feeding at the public treasury, you are correct. But cut it all out (all states stopping it) and nothing happens. Prices might go up, but that's about it. The corporations move because incentives are offered to them. If states stopped offering them, no one would starve, be left for dead or get thrown out of their houses. Corporate incentives to bring jobs to a state are not entitlements, nor do they make a corporation into a "Taker". It's no different than green energy subsidies incentivizing green energy companies to go into business. And nowhere did I say it was necessary OR productive - that's you putting words in my mouth (something you like to do whenever you have a meager response to offer up).

If you're too fucking stupid to understand all that, it's no big deal to me :) As Ricter would say, Blather on.

#12     Dec 3, 2012
  3. I didn't say you said it. I said you implied it douchebag. So if you are too stupid to read a post and understand it you should consider gettting a refund from your ESL teacher as they had no business taking money from such an abysmally cretinous retard.

#13     Dec 5, 2012
  4. LOL, if one's going to call names that's the way to do it.

#14     Dec 5, 2012
  5. jem

jem

It would be funny if the distinction el kabong made was not specious.

Obama implied he would cut a deal with the Russians.
    Obama said wait until after the election when I have more flexibility.

#15     Dec 5, 2012
  6. I've been somewhat following Global Foundries move to upstate NY. The short version is something like this. The state offered about 2 billion in incentives. Global foundries offered various local entities some contributions. Fine.

The surrounding areas have seen a rise in new residentiial construction. Here's the kicker, the fire dept in this area are volunteer. The money Global foundries offered the local fire dept did not go for bigger and better trucks or paid firemen, nope they bought smoke alarms for the poor and handed them out. Now the fire cos are singing the blues because of inadequate fire equipment.

What a bunch of short sighted dummies. I blame the politicians for not negotiating better fire service along with the tax incentives.

You see, fire trucks ain't sexy, free smoke alarms for the poor buys votes.

#16     Dec 5, 2012
  7. Have you considered he is playing the Russians like he played the Republicans in the last election?

#17     Dec 5, 2012
  8. -2

#18     Dec 5, 2012
  9. jem

jem

The Russians are smart enough to understand who they are dealing with.

The people he played are the american people with a billion dollars worth of lying t.v. ads.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rus...r-labels-obama-a-communist-in-scathing-oped/#

The famed Russian news site “Pravda,” which ironically was formed as the official Communist publication of the former Soviet Union, recently released a scathing opinion column entitled, “Obama’s Soviet Mistake,” in which the author unabashedly labels the U.S. president a “Communist without question promoting the Communist Manifesto without calling it so.”

The author, Xavier Lerma, goes on to note how Obama’s “cult of personality” has mesmerized the ignorant in America, who will follow the hope and change icon in much the same way as ”fools” still praise Lenin and Stalin in Russia.

“Obama’s fools and Stalin’s fools share the same drink of illusion.”

Adding an interesting twist to the article, the author juxtaposes President Obama with Vladimir Putin, noting that the Russian president has been sounding more and more like “Ronald Reagan” or other “conservatives in America” who seek to promote smaller government and lower taxes. Lerma attributes the following remarks to Putin regarding the country’s taxes and the economy:

#19     Dec 5, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Telling someone they said something or ASSuming they implied it amounts to the same thing - you being wrong (again). Hiding behind semantics is childish, and not worth my time.

Now run along, you're out of your league on this subject. It was a pathetic opening post, followed by a joke of a retort, and now you've lost all substance completely and are trying to debate grammar differences.

#20     Dec 5, 2012