The mainstream media at work

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Sep 15, 2009.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

I'm not that peaceful. I am pro-Second-Amendment and pro-capital-punishment and anti-illegal-alien (as long as it applies to ALL illegals, not just Latinos). The left isn't nearly as monolithic as the right. We don't get dragged into that teabagger zombie nonsense you yahoos revel in. :D

#31     Oct 23, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are you sure you're even a liberal?

#32     Oct 23, 2009
  3. This is a point that I've tried to make several times, but seems to fall on deaf ears here. Seems like you have to be a wing nut or a libtard, or whatever other label is chosen.

I am anti-abortion, against the Iraq debacle, pro-military meaning that I want them led by someone who actually doesn't want to be a war president. Fiscal conservative, less government, lower taxes, keep everyone out of my bedroom and let anyone who wants a legal gun to have as many as they like. Didn't vote for Clinton nor Bush. Actaully a long time independent, not one of the last couple of years types who evidently are ashamed to be called a republican. Why afraid of that? Republicans have and can stand for a lot of the correct things our government should offer.

Do we have to hate red v blue? And, the name calling always make for a strong, well thought discussion.

oh well, i can dream i guess

c

#33     Oct 23, 2009
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

More than I am conservative. I believe in fairness. I have no problem with abortions, gay marriage, equal opportunity in education and jobs, single-payer health care and a host of other stuff that is traditionally labeled "liberal". But I also believe in personal responsibility and accountability. And a lot of what is claimed to be "personal achievement" is nothing more than disguised privilege.

Exhibit A: George W. Bush. This loser has failed upward his entire life, all the way to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Only in the mega-corrupt Republican Party could a GWB get nominated and eventually selected President.

The notion that the only people who count have large amounts of money turns my stomach, especially when 8 times out 10 they got their money by lying, cheating and stealing, or inheriting it from people like that.

#34     Oct 23, 2009
  5. Pity that more American Mass Media Consumers don't even know the true difference between Conservative and Liberal.

My term is Jeffersonian Liberal

#35     Oct 23, 2009
  6. You just said you thought it was nonsense. Now your saying it is ridiculous to say that none of the opposition is racist.

You are all over the place. You are either straight out lying or you are one confused guy.

#36     Oct 24, 2009
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

The confusion is all yours. Enjoy your all-or-nothing worldview.

#37     Oct 24, 2009
  8. You're saying I am the one with the all-or-nothing worldview?

You said that the idea of the media labeling an opponent racist is nonsense. Putting the entire media into one category is an all-or-nothing worldview.

Are you trying to sabotage yourself?

#38     Oct 24, 2009
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

You have a reading comprehension problem, because I did not say what you say I said.

#39     Oct 24, 2009
  10. TGregg said that Obama opponents are labeled racists by the media.

You said-

Pretty simple.

If I was to say that it is nonsense that pigs can fly would it be fair to say that I am putting all pigs in the no flying category? Sorry but I tend to respect the definition of words.

So why would you say it's nonsense that the media labels opponents racists even when you admit that some of the opposition is indeed racist?

If I was deeply invested like yourself in the destruction of a political party I would also lie in order to keep the mainstream from realizing that one of my top political tactics is the accusation of racism.

Good luck changing the definition of liar.

#40     Oct 25, 2009