The main rule of trading message boards: Never post an "after-the-fact" call

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 25, 2010.

1. At around 11am, I saw many guys on a couple of blogs insist they got in on this and that yesterday and, of course, there was no entry post placed yesterday when the indexes were chopping around...then towards the end of the day they disappeared. Now if the indexes are down tomorrow, will they state they are now short?

It gets a little comical after a while and such posts only provide good humor to those that follow them closely.

#11     Mar 25, 2010
  2. deaddog

deaddog

So where are you posting your trades?

#12     Mar 25, 2010
  3. pspr

pspr

retaildaytrader, don't take trades based on Internet calls you see in blogs and you won't get burned and have to post here about your frustration. People can post pretty much anything they want on blogs and forums so long as they don't slander someone.

#13     Mar 25, 2010
  4. That would omit about 1/3 of the posts on ET.

#14     Mar 25, 2010
  5. ok before the fact call.

i am long swingtrade at close expect ES 1190 next week

#15     Mar 25, 2010
  6. I know I am just pissing in the wind by posting this thread, but at least I tried to put a dent in the world;) Life will go on on the web with the after the fact traders taking credit for the market moving in whatever direction it decides to make. I know some guys on here might be kids fooling around on the internet while others might be some guys stuck in some random office building in the middle of Ohio playing the fantasy stock market game.

Hey, whoever you are, make the calls before the fact. Stop taking credit for something that you did not actually predict.

I guess this is my public service message and so ends my pissing in the wind for today...good luck.

#16     Mar 26, 2010
  7. free money at the long side :p

#17     Apr 5, 2010