THE MAGNIFICENT PERFECT SQUARE between Phi and PI

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Whereas Pi is a transcendental number that is too say purely abstract because it cannot be represented physically (mathematically it is not a root of polynom with rational coefficients) Phi is less abstract and can be represented this can explain partly why Phi attracts so many artists.

Everybody has heard about the film PI, whereas traders generally use PHI. I say generally because some uses PI relating to time. My model shows that price and time are not independant, PHI is linked to price, PI is linked to time, is there a link between PHI and PI ?

Yeah ladies and gentlemen you will be happy to learn the existence of "THE MAGNIFICENT PERFECT SQUARE" relation between these two irrational numbers here :D

http://members.ispwest.com/r-logan/fullbook.html

2. Hee hee the guy has been inspired by the pyramid again :D

3. In fact there is an indian mathematician that gave his name to a relation between PI, Phi and e but I don't remember exactly what.

4. How's the movie PI?

5. Harry-

I've been working on something for a while now on the side.
    Funny you should post this info here now. The mathematics of which, I haven't pieced all together yet. However, the interdependancy on Time and price by which one chooses weighting has interesting implications.

Here is a snapshot of page one summary of a theoretical model I'm working on. Although bear in mind this is simply the rough draft and its original primary functionality I intended to be used by first year traders and/or complete newbies.

However, a more complex indicator can be built off the foundation.

I've marked out certain numerical values. Pls. ignore those.

TVI

Theoretical Very Strong Market Indicator

Premise: Plotting of a psychological indicator, based primarily on time-as the method to determine overbought or oversold conditions and secondly on price movement. Its main purpose being to maximize a trader’s profitability on a trade taken in a VSM, where other indicators would suggest premature exits.

Concept I: Forward movement , being defined as sideways –or- Downward/upward price action between the Lower/upper xxMA zone band, and Above/below the xxxpt. MA

Function: Increased plotting speed of the TVI, toward the O/B state, with respect to; time, cumulative length of move, and impending congestion

Concept II: Trending movement, defined as sideways –or- Downward/Upward price action outside the xxxMA

Function: Decreased Plotting speed of the TVI, toward the Overbought/Oversold state, with respect to; time, length of move, and congestion

Concept III: TVI Flat, indicator will still plot but only in a true sideways direction with flat plot I.D. marks on the indicator itself. TVI will plot flat only when price action occurs between the upper band of the xx Zone and the xxpt. MA itself.

Function: To keep the trader in the trade as long as possible, until the VSM is truly exhausted

Concept IV: Open and Close price action above or below the xx zone, a.k.a. xx Xing Marks a change in TVI direction and the ending of the VSM move

Function: confirmation to exit the trade and look for a change in the underlying trend

I'd really like to talk to you more about your theoretics background.

-momo

6. Oh yeah, you know it.

I'm sporting serious wood over this!

Now if we can only get a straight answer to 'Fermat's Last Theorem" my trading life will be complete.
    :cool:

Dr. Zhivodka

7. nitro

nitro

Ramanujan.

nitro

8. nitro

nitro

Staright answer to FLT? It has been proven true for several years now!

nitro :confused:

9. It was a joke.

10. nitro

nitro

:eek: Ooooooooooh

Sometimes I am dense.

nitro

#10     Jul 11, 2003