The magnesium miracle

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chuck Rost, May 8, 2020.

1. Nobert likes this.
  2. Most people are magnesium deficient as it's difficult to get the required 400mg a day through diet only. It is a very important mineral in maintaining heart rhythm. Many people like myself who have Afib use magnesium supplements to help control NSR. Upon the advice of my cardiologist I take 400mg twice daily as a supplement. Much of that magnesium just gets passed through the bowels which is why you need to take mote than the 400 recommended. That in addition to what you get in diet and you're probably close to the 400mg needed daily.

Nobert likes this.
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It actually takes very little extra magnesium to overdo it. It will give you instant diarrhea if you take even just a little bit too much. Been there done that.

Nobert likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I usually take some with Potassium after sweating a lot.

5. Some people are more sensitive than others, but yes it will loosen you up.:wtf: I also found, at least in my case that your body will adjust after a period of time and things will tighten back up a bit. Jesus, this is my second how to crap thread today:D

Nobert likes this.
  6. easymon1

easymon1

Nothing beats the real thing from good food.

take 1/2 tsp magnesium citrate most days with ground cacao in hot water here with 50mg zinc that's in a multi.
    mg can be tricky and would not take w/o paying attention, never got the shites tho. maybe its the chelate of which there are a few said to be effective to enhance absorbtion.

Look up how much 'good food' it takes to get your fill, and unfort chips and beer seem to not be as good a source as spinach, legumes, nuts and well, you know the drill.
    get that Exercise Tho, that's Numero Uno.
    my 3cents. ymmv.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is an oxymoron, but go on...

8. Magnesium in the form of magnesium glycinate is the form that is not a laxative, plus the fact that is bonded to a glycine gives you good absorption.

It is not just a matter of it being less of a laxative than magnesium oxide or magnesium citrate, etc. Those are laxatives. Magnesium glycinate is not laxative at all.

Your bowels will thank you later.

9. easymon1

easymon1

my girl dr dean has a youtubular vid where she makes your point that mag-oxide el-cheapo is top of my head ~2% absorbed 98% down the tubes as it were.
    mag-citrate she says is some other percent better, mag-glycinate she says is better absorbed than mgctrate, so on a cost/benefit look at the siteation, mag-oxide is way expensive compared to the 'expensive' mag-glycinate. Results.
    She mentions in that vid that the heart muscle has the highest concentration of mag out of all the tissues in the body. Mag enables muscles to relax, Calcium enables muscles to contract. Balance.
    The physiology of survival will pull magnesium from wherever it can be found in a body and when the party's over and the mag's gone and calcium is still there, well, to hear deano tell it, the heart muscle contracts. Period.
    She further states that the standard american diet contains generally plenty of calcium. Deano then mentions that decades of crops have depleted the soils of magnesium levels once more abundant than they are now.
    Today's Petro-Farming methods supliment "Fertilizer 101: The Big 3 - Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium https://www.tfi.org/the-feed/fertilizer-101-big-3-nitrogen-phosphorus-and-potassium
    but the mag, in my OPINION, may not be there in the levels it once was.
    So i throw down a measured half teaspoon of mag in the morning and fugget about it, next case. If you are getting "charlie horses", if you are cramping up? you just might be mg deficient. Then again, who the hell knows. you buys your ticket and you takes your ride. lol

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    #10     May 19, 2020