The magic power of compounding

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by QdzResurrection, Dec 24, 2003.

1. qdz3se

qdz3se

This's gonna be just a speculative trade. Enter a sell order of 100 QQQ @ 38.5. All stock sell order are very speculative in this young healthy bull market. I Got know what I am doing and will accept the consequence. what I am to do is to buy back later at a lower price if it indeed retraces a little, say in a few weeks. But if not, we hold 500 QQQ on the fast moving train till the next retracement. Good luck.

:p

#51     Nov 12, 2004
  2. qdz3se

qdz3se

Sold 100 QQQ @ 38.50 on November 12, 2004.

#52     Nov 15, 2004
  3. qdz3se

qdz3se

Man makes $14,000 deposit ... in pennies

He'd been saving them for years in his basement
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 3:23 p.m. ET Nov. 16, 2004CLEVELAND - It’s the lowliest coin in the country. But on Tuesday the humble penny added a lot of shine —$14,000 worth — to one man’s bank account.

Eugene Sukie has spent decades saving and storing the copper coins in his basement but Tuesday he took his collection to a counting machine at his local grocery store, which recorded more than 1.4 million pennies.

One grocery store worker says it was an unbelievable sight, with hundreds of cardboard boxes and thousands of penny rolls, each organized by year.

The worker says Sukie was worried that he and his wife are getting older and eventually won’t be able to get the pretty pennies out of their basement.

#53     Nov 16, 2004
  4. qdz3se

qdz3se

Today's inspiring story reminds me of this trader I once saw in NYSE. I remember a night back many years ago I took subway to see Yankees. I saw him in a subway station in the upper town. Guess what he was doing? Holding a full hand of metro cards, carefully wipe through the scanner one by one, each twice! A few years later, friends familiar with him said he retired and moved to a private island of Costa Rica. Man he is rich!

#54     Nov 16, 2004
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

wipe NY metro card through the scanner twice! got it!

#55     Nov 16, 2004
  6. "Guess what he was doing? Holding a full hand of metro cards, carefully wipe through the scanner one by one, each twice! A few years later, friends familiar with him said he retired and moved to a private island of Costa Rica. Man he is rich!"-qdz

What is the point of this nonsense? The guy had a hand full of Metro Cards which he scanned one by one...and now he has a private island.

I don't get it????????
    :confused:

#56     Nov 16, 2004
  7. qdz3se

qdz3se

For those who don't understand what the NYSE trader was doing, I should make clear that the cards in his hands are all used and discarded. Got it?

Today's market action was quite encouraging. If there has no doubt in my mind about the 100% up room to go for the market, I am now thinking of the probability of that many stocks may return 200% or more in 2005. See my upcoming posts on the outlook.

#57     Nov 17, 2004
  8. Still don't get it, maybe cos I'm from another planet. Could u plz clarify for us outlanders?

Ursa..

#58     Nov 18, 2004
  9. qdz3se

qdz3se

Do you spare 5 minutes to memorize a new word and then try to use it once a twice a day? Do you spare 5 minutes in trading to learn about a new stock fundamental and watch its action? Try it, and we shall discuss this some time in the future.

#59     Dec 9, 2004
  10. qdz3se

qdz3se

Sell 100 QQQQ on Jan. 7, 2005. Again, this is a very speculative trade. Just hope to get shares back at a little lower cost. If not, riding the fast moving train with 400 QQQQ, which is not very exciting but just okay to me.

#60     Dec 31, 2004