The MAGA Recession

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Nov 20, 2018.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

The Hill: “Goldman Sachs on Monday issued a report projecting GDP growth will slow to 1.8 percent and 1.6 percent in the third and fourth quarters of 2019, sooner than anticipated and creating a major headwind for GOP candidates the following year.”

2. UsualName

UsualName

Stocks are now negative on the year. Once again democrats are going to have to come in and clean up republicans mess.

3. LacesOut

LacesOut

All it took was the House going Dem...and poof ...there go the markets..
    Almost like clockwork - 11/8 and the floundering begins....

peilthetraveler likes this.
  4. upload_2018-11-20_11-49-16.jpeg

exGOPer likes this.
  5. UsualName

UsualName

Wrong. The sugar high of the tax cuts is over and the inflation, debt and trade policies are coming to fruition.

Will right wingers ever learn that tax cuts and deregulation are not economic growth policies, they’re gimmicks. Real economic growth policies are smart investments in things like technology, education and opening up new trading markets.

Republican economic policies have been the single most destructive aspect to Americans for the past 40 years.

Tony Stark likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Pfff.... how long have you been playing the stock markets?
    When Goldman comes out with some negative spin like that... thats the day to go all in long.

7. exGOPer

exGOPer

If you have been 'playing' the market long enough, you would know that these kind of reports are pretty normal for Goldman and they would have hedged or shorted the market already before putting it out. A recession won't be uncommon at all if you paid attention to the GDP data which was propped up personal consumption alone and that's something very fickle.

Also, I wanted to use this thread as a placeholder for the recession when it starts, would be fun watching you guys making excuses and Hannity blaming Obama for the economy.

8. exGOPer

exGOPer

9. Looking at the Dry Baltic Index as shown on bloomberg.com, I see maritime shipping rates are nearing 12 month lows, Spot market available loads for truckng is almost 40% below peaks according to landstaronline.com, pervasive weakness of industrial commodities, and heavy selling in the consumer durables as well as industrial sectors leave me actually hoping for 1 to 2 percent GDP growth rates going forward.

The Federal Reserve historically has been accommodative in the third year of an Presidential election cycle, usually resulting in solid stock market performance and help for the economy. It looks increasingly likely the US economy will need some help, lots of help such that even a trade deal with China may not cure. A significant of the problem is Demographics in developed countries.

Politically, if this results in Leftists gaining control of the Senate and the Presidency, the economic problems for the US will only increase as can be expected whenever Radical Leftists are in power for an extended period of time.

Career politicians just don’t understand what motivates businesses to invest and hire people. Is their plan to scare off businesses and make everyone a Government worker? How has that worked historically in other countries? How was the standard of livng, civil rights, and one’s ability to improve their families situation been in these countries? Why do you think these Communist countries did not have an immigration problem? Tax and spend does not work it the long run. And yes, the Federal budget deficit will grow at a faster rate under future Democratic leadership than even under Trump. You can quote me on that.

Democratic jewel California and its world class economy are seeing slower growth rates than nearby states where businesses and highly paid professionals are leaving in ever greater numbers in order to escape high taxes, traffic, and draconian regulations. Other Radical Leftist controlled places are even worse off.

10. exGOPer

exGOPer

Show me the numbers, given your penchant for pulling stuff out of your ass and making unprovable claims, I can't believe any of your claims.

By the way Colorado posted some great GDP numbers while Republicans were run out of office in the mid-terms.

LOL

#10     Nov 20, 2018