"The Machine" -- www.tradingmarkets.com

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Patient Trader, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Does any know and is willing to share -- what "The Machine" uses for their two 'longer term trend following strategies'?

2. Probably moving averages. Optimized of course.

3. tonyalva

tonyalva

I use it, its a great system that nails turns, but its far too expensive for the little guppies who inhabit this site.

4. Where are the actual results for this "machine" ?

5. How long do you think it will be before you are banned again?

6. trendo

trendo

What's your definition of a "turn?" When does the system say the next turn will happen?

What account size is required to not be considered a guppy?

7. tonyalva

tonyalva

It's a minimum of 100k for purposes of machine. Turns in individual stocks.

8. evo34

evo34

I happen to like Trading Markets in general. However, based on my brief trial of The Machine, it probably does more harm than good. The reason is that it tries to optimize entry and exit rules based on how each particular stock has performed historically. As if somehow all entries and exits are stock-specific. This, to me, is the definition of overfitting, and I am highly suspicious of its predictive value.

9. True

10. MKTrader

MKTrader

I'm sure it's more than that. I'm not sure about the Machine, but the general methodology of TM is pretty sound. However, it's like anything else--if too many people use it (in this case, larger traders and money managers), it will probably lose its effectiveness. This is especially true since many smaller traders can do similar "Machine" trades on stocks with a more basic TM approach.

#10     Feb 11, 2011