The M.I.N.D Game

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elite34s, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Very impressive edge hunter, and you will be happy to know that you are first to be seated in Row 1.

Whilst I will not argue with you, as I have no reason to, and I might well learn from the pupil in this case, as teaching can be a two way thing, all I will say, is that I do not use volume at all, ever !

The only thing that I use for trading is a good old bar chart, the one with the vertical line and the 2 little spiggots sticking out on either side of it.

The little spiggots are very useful for catchin market moves, but only if you understand that they are part of a big family !

Volume is the amount of contracts traded. This is subject to manipulation by those with the deep pockets, so, if they decide to dump quickly, after a sharp rally, then no volume figures in the world will get you back on the right side of that trade, that is if you are on the wrong side in the first place, of course !

I bet this sounds familiar to a lot of experienced traders, for I know it happend to me many times in the past, but now, since I got rid of volume, it is not as bad !

But, we digress. Making money has nothing to do with volume or picking direction. Remember, no matter who, you with your volume readings, me with my spiggots, as soon as we get filled, the price can tick any way, and no matter how hard we try to convince ourselves, this is the hard and real fact about trading.

Hello, did I hear a knock on the door ?

Yes, it is Mr Edge !

Apologies edgehunter, as when I read the post it might look that Mr Edge is referring to you. It is not, it is Mr Trading Edge !

#11     Dec 4, 2007
  2. Patience edgehunter !

We need to fill a few more seats in Row 1.

Remember, the objective is to solve the acronym.

The M.I.N.D Game.

What does M.I.N.D stand for ?

If you can solve this one, then you are streets ahead of any trader I know, and I know a few very good ones.

#12     Dec 4, 2007
  3. Right, i only use volume to see what the potential for price movement of the day is... more liquidity... less chance the floor boys can play with the market and F#$k simple trend trades...

after that i only watch price...

#13     Dec 4, 2007
  4. Nice to see some honesty and straight forward facts edgehunter.

Pump & Dump >> Dump & Pump

Sounds like a Laural & Hardy show does it not.

1491 was a big dump level and very happy to have copped it.

Do you think we will get any more pupils for Row 1 ?

#14     Dec 4, 2007
  5. open

open

you know what OP, you remind me of ME

and I know what bastard I am

so I know what bastard you are

just one tiny winy difference

I am a successful day trader

while you,

you are nothing, at best you are a salesman

and at worse you are self deluded trader who thinks he can teach me something

boy do I get you or what :cool:

#15     Dec 4, 2007
  6. open/nope

#16     Dec 4, 2007
  7. target0

target0

oh sure, mind game... i know, a 2004 japanese anime film directed by masaaki yuasa. on no wait, its a john lenon record from the 70's with way cool cover art. you know, back in the days when covers were art.

#17     Dec 4, 2007

8. Can i join in, Sir?

M.I.N.D., eh?

This is about, TIME, isn't it.

I can feel the force of the greeks pulling me in, they're comming for me, they're comming to get me, no no stay away, the option men in their white jackets are here to take me away, Noooooo!

:p

#18     Dec 5, 2007
  9. I got it! M.I.N.D. = Market Indicates Next Direction

#19     Dec 5, 2007

10. Change Your Outlook Fool!:D

#20     Dec 5, 2007