The lonliness of trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by pbw, Dec 23, 2005.

1. pbw

pbw

How do you cope with the lonliess of trading?

Is it lonly for you?

Is it an minor or major distraction?

Do you just use to it?

comments appreciated.

2. I pass the time by writing (often grumpy) posts on et.:D

3. 1) Get a hot lookin girlfriend.

2) Instruct her to arrive during the lunchtime doldrums and then give her a good shagging - yeah bayby.

3) Resume trading in isolation

4) Repeat steps 1-3 Mon thru Fri .

END.

4. In the beginning (the first 3-4 months), it was really tough, since I used to work at a broker / dealer with people reporting to me, my own assistant, and the constant interaction / banter (in the loop), etc. Of course on top of that my system wasn't doing particular well, so the psychological stress was significant.

But I am used to it now (over a year later), the system is stable, and I am back in the loop, telling people what I do, talking to old colleagues, etc, so the distraction is much lower than before.

5. Cheese

Cheese

The loneliness of trading .. there are those it appears who go into fu*ked-up mode if they are not in continual company. One of the best friends and best type of company you can have is yourself. So I can work away by myself for long periods.

But sure as hell social interaction is reviving and comforting. Everyone needs some.
    :)

6. Hmmm, that sounds like a good plan. What if you have a wife in the house and she's not exactly going for the idea of a threesome?:p

7. Well, ifin she's an attrctive wife then you can pass on the hot chick, however , ifin she be a bit of a dawg then follow original plan and let the bitch watch your moniter when yous havin fun. easy peasy.

8. Nah dude, the wife was the hot girlfriend of a couple years ago. I was just thinking of a better way to *really* pass the time!:D

9. zdreg

zdreg

this thread will not be lengthy because to admit feeling loneliness is seen as not being macho.

let's see if semi anonymity of this board makes a difference.

#10     Dec 23, 2005