The long and winding road that is resetting an IB paper trade account.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Craig66, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Craig66

Craig66

I have been testing an ATS on my IB paper trading account, about 3 weeks ago as a result of all the test trades the account fell below margin requirements. I thought 'no problem, I'll go and reset the account', so I log into account management and press the reset button only to be get some ambiguous 'error, try again later' message. Now after 3 weeks of wrangling with IB support I am in precisely the same position I was in at the start. Answers from IB consist of either,

A. Make sure your positions are closed.
    B. Make sure your non-USD market values are zero.
    C. We don't know.

As far as I can tell A and B seem to be mutually exclusive. If I am wrong here can somebody please illuminate me.

This would seem like a simple problem, it is becoming intensely annoying that I can't get help on this matter, can somebody from IB (or anybody) please help!

2. I reset my Ib paper account last night, now i can not trade. It is showing negative funds.

3. Craig66

Craig66

I know you have all been eagerly awaiting the latest installment of this saga, so to put you all out of your misery, I'm STILL back and forth with IB support.

It's now nearly one whole month since I embarked on this odyssey.

I have attached a screen shot of the account window, just in case anybody in ET land can help...

4. Ask IB to remove the existing paper trade account and then start over again and create a new one.

5. Craig66

Craig66

Update: I closed the account, no one needs this sort of grief over a paper trading account of all things. Thank you to David for at least trying to get things sorted, onwards...