The loneliness of success

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Smart Money, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Put a 12"x10" mirror on your trading desk so you can brag to nobody but yourself.

In otherwards, be a man....... keep your mouth shut about your success. No need to gloat to other ppl is there?

#41     Apr 21, 2011
  2. Go give back to your community for an afternoon or two a week. You will never complain again.

#42     Apr 21, 2011
  3. Smart Money,

Congrats on the edge. Isn't it nice to have that? It seems that you can cope with fellow traders and these forums much easier now.

You know what you know and no one can take that away from you.

Thats all I wanted to say...congrats and you give other traders hope.

One word of warning...I once had an edge and am building another one now. Always research and diversify as you never know when you will be on the hunt again..☺

ES

P.S. I regret if I have missed the point of your post, but I do not have any advice about your personal life. I do not have any friends except Wifey and my animals. My dog is always happy to see me and never talks bad about me behind my back. He does not lie to me.

#43     Apr 21, 2011
  4. Use the money to travel, or get a "normal" career. Do not talk about it or you will generate envy. Enjoy the money with family and friends and be done with it.

#44     Apr 21, 2011
  5. dc101

dc101

Perhaps someone can share a horror story related to friends/relatives knowing about successful trading. Imho, that'd be the best "cure" for this urge. I remember reading a thread on ET about why one should never lend money to family, after success in the markets, for they'd blow it all and come back asking for more.

#45     Apr 21, 2011
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

That's what I've done the past 10 years as I did better each year with trading. Sounds like the OP may be a bit insecure if he's so bothered about not being able to talk about his success. Personally there are a lot more important things going on in the world that "me" talk. To the OP -- go work/volunteer in a high poverty school. And consider donating some of your profits to the school; or buy them books for their library.

#46     Apr 21, 2011
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Why the need to talk about it. Do you think accountants come home and talk accounting to their friends? Engineers talking about their great engineering projects? Doctors coming home and talking about the patients they saw today? Dentists talk about the fillings he did today? And so on .....

If you absolutely need to talk find some traders like Red_Ink posted -- they're out there.

#47     Apr 21, 2011
  8. d08

d08

More suggestions:
    Donate to an animal shelter or any association which is against animal cruelty. Animals are the only ones who really can't protect themselves from people and our effect.

#48     Apr 21, 2011
  9. Corelio

Corelio

So far 8 pages of responses...wow
    I never thought that ET had so many successful traders!

#49     Apr 21, 2011
  10. What do you mean by you can't talk about your trading. Can't in my lexicon means you are unable for some reason. Or do you just choose not to?

#50     Apr 21, 2011