The loneliness of success

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Smart Money, Apr 20, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

correct.
    watch the original heartbreak kid movie with cybil shephard and charles grodin

in any case the OP has nothing to worry about. time will take care of his problem. at bill time in the future the wife will be screaming that they will be soon in the street (not wall street) .

#31     Apr 20, 2011
  2. Ha, thats pretty funny. :)

Reminds of a time I was talking to a commercial airline pilot and broke out some flying lingo from playing microsoft flight simulator. I think he had the same reaction. :D

#32     Apr 20, 2011
  3. Yeah, thats it. You got me.

#33     Apr 20, 2011
  4. d08

d08

Roark has only 2 types of comments. It's either "that's it, I had enough, you're on ignore" (as if someone should care about that) or "you're a crappy trader".

ET is a great output as you can determine the level of anonymity you would like to have. Living in a smaller place, you might not want everyone to know how well (or bad) you're doing.

#34     Apr 20, 2011
  5. Finding this interesting, about a quarter of the way through the audiobook. Thanks for the heads up.

Used to work 6 and 7 days a week at something I hated doing just for the money. Threw in the towel 18 months ago and would like to say life is a bed of roses but people tend to be defined by what work they do and it's hard to break away from that notion.

To the OP, the fact that you now love what you do for a living is great recompense for your friends not quite relating.

#35     Apr 20, 2011
  6. Roark

Roark

This is a stupid a thread. I'm putting you on ignore so that it disappears from my screen. AMF.

#36     Apr 20, 2011
  7. Where did he go?! :eek:

#37     Apr 20, 2011
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Why not discuss it? Who cares? Friends should be interested in stuff like that? Maybe tell them a little about how the market works without giving the house away so they can fathom your great trades.

#38     Apr 20, 2011
  9. Dang, I'm gonna miss him. Every village needs one of those guys.

#39     Apr 20, 2011
  10. jalee25

jalee25

right, you could make new friends who are traders or pay a shrink to listen to you talk about trading...

#40     Apr 21, 2011