The loneliness of success

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Smart Money, Apr 20, 2011.

1. themickey

themickey

Hello fibo, nice to see you back, what Fib, EW, Gann amusement will you have for us this time?

#241     May 3, 2019
  2. all this chest thumping and I’m the greatest thing since sliced bread is very boring and immature. as they say “act like you’ve done it before “ and grow up. where is OP anyway did he blowup already or did he outgrow his sophomoric BS.

#242     May 5, 2019
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i boom and bust many many times in 30 plus years of trading. when i went from making a living to making a killing, i stopped trading and took up shopping as a full time occupation. i was so burned out on trading and i wanted to have some fun so i burned through millions and now regret it. but guess what i can still trade like a madman and glad i have that knowledge to fall back on. i am now digging my way up and out, i am an only child so isolation is my thing. i have a small pack of good trading friends all over the world and we stay in touch, it's good to have people you can be honest with - share ideas - and defeats. funny but we never talk too much about gains it's mentioned but always as something we know can go away fast. got me a dog he is a livestock guard dog mix and he keeps me grounded. i spend my time while in trades looking at grown up toys on the net. i only trade in the morning to keep the rest of my day free to do projects on my property. it's a quite nice life in the country with a direct fiber connection to the exchange server center.

#243     May 8, 2019
  4. destriero

destriero

MarkBrown declared bankruptcy. Yeah, he’s the Patron Saint of failed traders.

#244     May 8, 2019
  5. ironchef

ironchef

I respect your trading skills and always look up to you. But sir, I don't think failure is a sin or a crime.

I faced adversity and failure in life numerous times. I considered I failed only if I gave up and stopped trying.

Best wishes.

#245     May 8, 2019
    MarkBrown likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

He's implying a lifestyle that lacks his presence.

#246     May 8, 2019
  7. Aaronpp

Aaronpp

I understand that you feel a little bad about not telling your next of kin or friends about what you do on the market just because they won’t understand, you can choose because a friend who has some type of interest also operates in the market or if you cannot share it in forums, In the end it is a fairly large community where we all know about trading and you can freely express yourself about the achievements you achieve. You can also comment on it through these trading forum platforms, where the vast majority will surely be willing to talk.

#247     Aug 8, 2019
  8. bln

bln

Make friends with other successful traders/investors or become a experienced mentor/coach to a rookie/beginner trader.

There is always trading/investment/finance/economy related things to talk about that are commonly shared and not sensitive to your personal edge/alpha.

And with your girlfriend/partner you can talk about your trading/investment business vaguely if she like to hear about it. Like how things are going and progressing.

#248     Aug 9, 2019
    uni@trader likes this.
  9. Gaston

Gaston

Well said bro. It is good to share or discuss your trading ideas with friends or partners if they take interest in that.

#249     Oct 29, 2019
  10. bulls95

bulls95

Yeahh...that’s how you learn from each other’s mistakes and good decisions.

#250     Nov 1, 2019