The Lodge Verbier, Switzerland

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Yo
    Check out Liebefeld-Steinholzi School. Great for networking with future world leaders. :D

#11     Sep 7, 2017
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

#12     Oct 20, 2017
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

Just how large are the yearly fees, I wonder.

#13     Oct 21, 2017
  4. luisHK

luisHK

You can find the fees in the link below, basic yearly fee is 115000chf but there are extras, which can climb very significantly when including regular travels to Switzerland, especially from outside Europe.
    On summer week ends in Swiss luxury hotels there are plenty of families with kids, apparently many in transit to or from a summer camp (we met another family from the same school our kids attend 12 hours flight from there in the hotel near Verbier, their kids were going to another of the numerous swiss summer camps). It seems Gstaad gets a huge business from Le Rosey, and it is very far from a cheap destination.

http://www.rosey.ch/files/rosey/conditions-financieres.pdf

#14     Oct 21, 2017
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

£80k tuition is roughly $105,600 then the add-ons, say $180-200k/ year....

#15     Oct 21, 2017
  6. luisHK

luisHK

I posted in the post above the current fees from Le Rosey website 115k chf per year, around 115kusd. A few compulsory extra fees from the school and family expenses, the total can indeed come above 180k
    Difficult to know the value added of such a school, if kids end up mid level engineers they will have a hard time recovering the cost of their education over their entire career yet can earn several times that in a single business deal through the right contact .
    But from what i see from international schools, it is quite possible they end up in an artistic career, which sounds like they will need their family's help their entire life. I suspect connections are even more important in the art world to ever become profitable so such school can still be of great help.
    I hate the idea of spending much time away from the kids btw, which makes such a move less likely, until at least they become overly confrontational or troubled teenagers.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    #16     Oct 21, 2017
    dealmaker likes this.
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Anyone here actually went or sent their kids to a boarding school ? Any feedback to share ?

#17     Oct 22, 2017
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Top Five Most Expensive Schools in the World

#18     Nov 29, 2017
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Top 10 Schools in UK (London) that are hardest to get into

#19     Nov 29, 2017
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

How to get into Eton