The list of 228 people who voted against the bailout bill

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Sep 29, 2008.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

2. This will be the #1 criteria of mine IF they don't back down.

They will get my vote as long as they DON'T back down.

3. I see Zoe Lofgren voted for the bailout

But interestingly, she tried to pass a guest worker bill last week

Why is she trying to pass a guest worker bill, if she thinks theres a depression?

House Judiciary Com. to Vote Today on Foreign-Worker Bills
    Updated Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 10:00 AM

Public Notice for Markup Given in Dead of Night Yesterday

The House Judiciary Committee will take up two foreign-worker bills today: H.R. 5882, which would add an additional 550,000 permanent green cards; and H.R. 5924, which would add 20,000 additional foreign nurses per year for three years (plus their families). Please contact your U.S. Representative through the Capitol Switchboard (202-224-3121) and ask him/her to do everything possible to stop the passage of these bills. The Committee waited until late last night to give notice for the markup, presumably in an effort to avoid public scrutiny.

H.R. 5882 – "Recapturing Unused Employer-Sponsored Visas"
    This legislation is similar to the measure that Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) is using to hijack debate on E-Verify reauthorization in the Senate. The bill’s sponsor, Immigration Subcommittee Chairman Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif), claims it would “recapture unused employer-sponsored visas” from as far back as 1991 and then add them to the current numerical cap of 140,000 employer-sponsored visas that are available each year. Current law, however, clearly states that any employer-sponsored visas not used in one year are allocated to the family-preference categories in the following year. That means that there are no “unused” visas from past years to “recapture

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/s...

4. LOL, here's Zoe's contact info:

Call Me

5. toc

toc

Only TRAITORS voted NO today.

Hope there is another way pass the bill.

6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Only traitors say people who voted no today are traitors.

7. Knyyt

Knyyt

So a person who believe in capitalism, and free markets without government intervention is a traitor???

I would say your a idiot, plan & simple.