The Limits of 'Made in America' Economics

Discussion in 'Economics' started by OddTrader, Jul 24, 2017.

1. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

No, that wouldn't be true in either case.
    I'm saying presidents are recycled to manufacture the look of democracy, while shielding the true power. Not saying it was like this when we were founded, it's just what we've grown to become.

Now bear with me, I might sound like a loon for a minute.
    The Fed controls the money supply, and the NY Fed to be precise is the most powerful entity in that system. The NY Fed is owned by the districts banks with the primary dealers allocated the top lot.
    The board of governors is selected not by the president, but by the owners of the shares. Much like a private corporation.
    Since the hand that gives is always above the hand that receives, and Washington has to borrow money to fund our country, are they not told what to do by the most powerful banks?

But hey, what do I know?

#31     Aug 1, 2017
    OddTrader likes this.
  2. How about this book:

[​IMG]

#32     Aug 3, 2017
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Who the foreword is written by tells me all I need to know. No thank you.

#33     Aug 3, 2017
    maxpi likes this.
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Maybe one day the average Joe in the US will realize the rich are just out for themselves.
    Forget the blurb that is spouted at elections.

#34     Aug 3, 2017
    #35     Aug 10, 2017
  6. https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...hing-else-entirely.311895/page-3#post-4503723
    US vs Canada by year 2050

#36     Aug 19, 2017
  7. Humpy

Humpy

The US has refused or is unable to become competitive and therefore has to resort to artificial methods like tariffs. The bosses think it is preferable to move production offshore to low wage economies.
    Will there be resurgence of Nationalism ? Perhaps more than flag burning but the trashing of foreign made cars etc.

#37     Aug 19, 2017
  8. A planned high inflation could provide huge tax incomes the US originally expected. But ...

[​IMG]

#38     Aug 19, 2017
  9. [​IMG]

Authored by the owner of the above web site. The 20th United States Secretary of Commerce.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    #39     Aug 19, 2017
  10. The wanted inflation has still not arrived yet. ...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    #40     Aug 19, 2017