The Limits of Diplomacy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 10, 2006.

1. I have been claiming that all the neighbors are to blame for the neighborhood issues...all sides are to blame.

You are the one claiming that Israel is blameless, and Wael and his buddies are claiming they are blameless...

Which is why the cycle of violence never ends...

#21     Aug 10, 2006
  2. Yeah I know, that's exactly what you've been saying and according to your and sulong's point of view clearly expressed earlier in this thread innocent lebanese civilians should get out of the Middle East. And if they don't it will prove that they don't really want to live in peace, right?

#22     Aug 10, 2006
  3. Yes, Israel and the Lebanese can leave...

You game is so ever the same:

1. Israel is blameless.
    2. Israel is blameless.
    3. Israel is blameless.
    4. Israel is blameless.

ad infinitum.

Self righteousness sucks...

#23     Aug 10, 2006
  4. It is not the stated policy of Israel to destroy its neighbors. It is the stated policy of Iran and the unoffical policy of Syria and apparently the "democratic" Iraqi government, as well as that of Hamas and Hezbollah, which are important elements of the Palestinian and Lebanese governments.

Can anyone doubt that if these neighbors stopped their attacks, that Israel would be happy to live in peace with them? The argument that they have a "justified" grievance against the very existence of Israel is not supported by international law, which liberals are fond of quoting, at least when it supports their arguments. Israel is a member state of the UN and is recognized by virtually all civilized countries as a legitimate country.

#24     Aug 10, 2006
  5. Do you want to condemn sulong for suggesting earlier in this thread that only Israelis should leave?

#25     Aug 10, 2006
  6. What matters, what someone says, or what they do?

So Israel states one thing, that means that they would never do the opposite?

Really...

If Israel said, "accept things as they are, and we will have peace" that is a reason for those who don't agree with what Israel has done/or is doing to suddenly accept the current situation?

The right wing continually acts as if Israel has never done anything wrong....

I fully agree that violence is wrong, but I can't rationalize that Israel's violence is right, simply because they say they are right.

Tell the truth AAA, if we could somehow know the entire truth of what has transpired between Israel and their neighbors for the past 60 years, do you really believe that Israel is 100% blameless?

Hell, we have Israeli spys in our own country, in our own government, spying on their best ally....can you imagine the things we don't really know about?

#26     Aug 10, 2006
  7. Condemn him?

Not at all.

I think if Israel did leave, they would no longer be attacked, and there would be more peace in the middle east.

If the Lebanese people left, noting much would change....we have seen millions displaced and leave in the past few weeks...has that ended the violence?

Israel has the power to change the situation, to bring peace to their people, to save lives, to calm the area.

However, they are righteous, the chosen of God, blah, blah, blah....

#27     Aug 10, 2006
  8. You and sulong said before that "in the eyes of many reasonable people" someone who's living in a bad neighborhood should move. Now you refuse to apply this advice to the Lebanese people. Are you saying the Lebanese are stupid or are they warmongers?

#28     Aug 10, 2006
  9. Many have left...what about millions displaced don't you understand?

Anyway, your game doesn't work, as you refuse to apply the same principles to Israel...

I favor Israel leaving first, then if after they leave, let's see if the Lebanese need to...

#29     Aug 10, 2006
  10. I didn't say that.

I said Israel was ether liars, or, they are stupid.

And I don't really think they're stupid.

#30     Aug 10, 2006