The Limits of Diplomacy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Doing the same thing over and over, year after year, and expecting different results each time... Is not very smart.

On the other hand, If you do the same thing over and over, and get the same anticipated results each time, thats good business.

#11     Aug 10, 2006
  2. If the lebanese had a choice between peace somewhere else and war where they are...opting for perpetual desctuction of their lives and property by the IDF would be stupid in the eyes of many reasonable people. I see absolutely no reason why they are not getting the hell out of the Middle East, do you?

PS btw thank you for this gift, I promise to use it against you in every future discussion, every time you start bitching about "innocent civilian casualties of Israeli aggressions" I'll keep reminding you that they (the victims of Israeli aggressions) live in a bad neighborhood and that many reasonable people (like Z10 and sulong) believe that if they do want to live in peace they (the innocent victims) should move somewhere else (unless they are stupid or liars of course).

#12     Aug 10, 2006
  3. Doing the same thing over and over, year after year, and expecting different results each time... Is not very smart.
    I agree, attacking Israel every few years and having their asses handed to them, having their infrastructure destroyed and their clock turned back 20 years or more is indeed stupid.

On the other hand, If you do the same thing over and over, and get the same anticipated results each time, thats good business.
    Like if you successfully defend your home for 60 years...Right?

#13     Aug 10, 2006
  4. Ah gee, Al Qaeda wants to destroy the US. So do Iran and several other dictatorships around the world, so Americans should just pack up their things, abandon our country to the Islamofascists, and head somewhere and start fresh.

Liberia, anyone?

#14     Aug 10, 2006
  5. So what you're saying is that Israel would prefer to be combative, regardless of the results of the last 60 years.

That would make Israels claim to want to live in "peace" a lie, don't ya think.

#15     Aug 10, 2006
  6. LOL....

Forget it dude, Doodoo's spanking you on this thread.

You better go find someone else to play with...

#16     Aug 10, 2006
  7. So Israel is the bad neighbor to the Lebanonese, the one who is causing the problems in the neighborhood for Lebanon?

Sure you want to cop to that, given your previous position that Israel is never in the wrong?

#17     Aug 10, 2006
  8. It's amazing how hard you're trying to twist logic and common sense in order to blame it on Israel. What you're basically saying is that if a peaceful nation is repeatedly attacked by its neighbors it should pack up and leave, and if they don't - they are a bunch of lying warmongers.

#18     Aug 10, 2006
  9. Ah yes, Israel, that peace loving nation, who never does anything wrong, full of chosen people, who only do God's work of killing innoncents...who of course deserve to die because it is their fault of course...

#19     Aug 10, 2006
  10. That's what the lebanese think, don't they, that's what you've been claiming all along. My opinion is irrelevant as I am NOT the one who is advising countries to get out of bad neighborhoods. But according to your and sulong's logic the lebanese should put up a "for sale" sign if they are indeed peaceful innocent civilians, right?

#20     Aug 10, 2006