The Life and Times of Harris Kupperman (Praetorian2)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Bah, tried really hard to find the awesome scene of Patrick Stewart (As Sejanus) getting stabbed to death in "I, Claudius". Alas, the YT failed me. Like the index futures have been for the past 6 trading days of the Wall Street Bell. Buggers!

#51     Sep 13, 2021
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

The problem here with some people that they think of humans as black or white, good or bad. Most people are somewhere in between.

So can have a hustler incredibly good insight of certain markets? Absolutely. That doesn't mean he is 100% right (or wrong) all the time.

For me the question isn't "do I trust this dude with my money" but "is he worthy to listen to?"

Simple as it is....

#52     Sep 13, 2021
    YuriWerewolf and MoreLeverage like this.
  3. I now clearly see it. You are absolutely right. Thanks for the heads up...

#53     Sep 13, 2021
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Looks like he was right about Uranium:

#54     Sep 13, 2021
  5. tonyf

tonyf

Has anyone actually seen his performance for 2021 and 2022 YTD?

you can diss him all you want, but I don't know of anyone, big or small with audited accouints and taking outside money that has done as well as he has over the last couple of years.

Now that does not mean I will hand him my children's inheritance. It will most likely end up in a side pocket when shit hits the fan. Let alone his absurd anti-vax activism which makes you question his ability to reason.

But he is on a roll....

Is anyone subscribed to KEDM here?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    #55     Oct 1, 2021
  6. Nope. Sure, you can be on a roll, after losing OPM for years, and not addressing those major losses. It can happen.

"Nah, I have personally met him, back around 2006, when he asked me for a $2M investment for his African Mining Fund (45-minute interview), but just for me, he could lower it to $1M. I passed, and his $100M fund imploded, as in zero, within a year. I do feel terrible for his initial investors (and also for his Mongolia Fund investors, later on). It must have been quite a shock for them to receive that final email, saying I am so sorry, it's ALL gone, I am humbled, blah, blah. The Mongolia Fund was his second act, and that is down 98%, and it looks hopeless. How is he paying his bills? Yep, think about that, and think about that hard.
    Feel free to go over the information I have posted in the links. Again, I am more than willing to go on the record about this guy."

What happened to those initial investors in Kuppy's fund that were completely wiped out for a cool $100M around 2006, and this scumbag has never, ever addressed that?

#56     Oct 1, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. ZeDoBoné

ZeDoBoné

Hi, I found this thread while doing some basic due diligence since I'm considering investing in his fund. Would very much appreciate if you have further information you would be willing to share. These are the results from the fund, as per the pitch slides.

Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 12.05.22.png

Thanks in advance

#57     Feb 12, 2022