The Libor Led Rally*

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Oct 20, 2008.

1. And if you listened you would of made some nice dough today!!!! :p :p :p

How bout' that folks only a 10% chance and you took a chance with stoney.... now Europe lowers rates, LIBOR crashes and we get the TARP rolling and off to the moon! (am I getting ahead of myself) Shorts had no guts today... YES! ~ si

#41     Oct 24, 2008
  2. Well, I'm looking through the orders now-- you would of made some money. Certainly the DOW came off 400 points from the low the diamonds in the last hour worked again. $1 on ORLY, TRA was the best trade- $2 there, QLGC was bought down 1.4% closed down 0.6% there's some love there too just a little.

The over all feeling in arriving home is of mortal fear. I always go out now for 3:00 to 4:00. I don't like the last hour in good times and I positively hate it now... I'm so scared I will turn on the TV and see down 900! or Worse... there was that day I came home to just that and my poor wife's face... finally she seems to be tuning into how rough this is on me. (and thus her)

Lets talk about some stocks for next week....

I'm getting quite HIGH on WELLPOINT. I've been chartering her since earnings and really they took a hit on investments but everything else is looking pretty darn good. It had a fierce daily today and I should of just went for it-- but I didn't. Next week.

ISIS- The scary thing is I owned this for a long time and thought I still had it... somehow it's been sold out of the account... it's actually held up really, really well... most of you know I'm a bioteck hound- these are my faves-
    VRTX
    ISIS
    QCOR
    MITI

TWP- That Trex again from a prior thread looks good. Firm chart. I want to be in this stock... want to double check Meritage MTH because I heard homebuilders did very well today...

AMZN- we talked about. I think the stk is telling us something but lets watch it some more.

ORLY- Love it!

QLGC- This set up bares watching I might load up the boat with this name, took a starter today @ $11.23... This is a name you could scale up in if the damn thing would just continue going up.

Those are the stks to look at over the weekend and play with next week. As well we might begin looking intop a few of these Arb plays-

Huge deals still outstanding include the $52 billion takeover of Anheuser-Busch Cos Inc I hope this one does fail!!! keep bud American! Belgium's InBev NV's wants it. The C$34.8 billion leveraged buyout of BCE Inc Canada's biggest telecommunications company, Who cares??? and Bank of America Corp's acquisition of Merrill Lynch & Co Inc...
    The arbitrage spreads on these deals are about 21 percent, 26 percent and 14 percent, respectively. The wider the spread, the higher the concern about a deal closing and all three of those shares have declined in the past few days.

I say take the 14% and RUN. I will be talking to my adviser Monday about this... as I have been thinking about BAC anyway as an investment... the simple reason being they are freakin' everywhere- 1 out of 3 Americans use some product of theirs including me - and it has a nice low price for a stk that is not going out of business. With a juicy % too... So you BUY the Merrill close the gap when the deal is completed and wind up where you want to be, yield and all, with 14% in the pocket.... Think about it.

Have A Great Weekend Elite Traders!~ stoney

#42     Oct 24, 2008
  3. amen!

but they are fun to read.

#43     Oct 24, 2008