The Libor Led Rally*

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ganesh6

ganesh6

MOO seems to be good for long term. :)

#11     Oct 20, 2008
  2. LOOK AT THIS COMPARISON-

ADM GROSS MARGIN 5.5%
    PROFIT MARGIN 2.58%
    SHORT INTEREST 3.79
    ROE 14%
    PE 6.5

AGU GROSS MARGIN 33.7%
    PROFIT MARGIN 14.2%
    SHORT INTEREST 0.55
    ROE 39.2%
    PE ABOUT THE SAME AS ADM....

Do you sense a baby with the bathwater thing going on... I'm thinking I ditch the ADM trade and go with Agrium here... Those are big numbers and very few shorts artound the name which might mean... down for not a good enough reason...

I'm testing this MOO index with a 225 share purchase, you are really not supposed TO BUY ANYTHING FOLKS WITHOUT CHARTING IT AT LEAST TWO WEEKS... that's a rule you should really follow. Luckily these other names...
    AGU and ENER I have been ontop of. PETS to be truthful would not qualify, just started last friday...

There is an article about Cramer I can't wait to read... it's in the times... might even be a positive spin I don't know. he has been especially wrong as of late and desperate...

AAPL as a marker for the whole Nasdaq is scaring me, it keeps almost breaking down and then coming back... with Tech's earnings going to be some of the toughest to achieve, this sector seems ripe with minefields and Apple is one of them and thus... this rally is perilous but steady...

Still waiting for the hedge fund to get back in touch it's been 10 minutes i don't mind I'm the smallest of small fries and not even in their fund, their leader is nice enough to manage my account to worse than a market return... wait did I say that? I'm especially bitchy today, it's this yellow mucus and sinus infection, like Fed speak, it just won't go away. ~ stoney

#12     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Stillllll waiting. This is the problem with an email relationship. If I had called someone else would of done what I wanted. But what do I want?, I'm always looking for that confirmation- yes buy! we are! we believe! But that confirmation never comes.
    Ultimately it's up to me unless they buy it for me, so it's more pin the tail on the donkey than anything else. I'm not just going to shout out an order I want to analyze it six ways to sunday and generally drive you crazy for not investing with me last week... Something I said made them mad no doubt... something about testie juice and natural gas stocks I'm sure... well they will get back in touch it's just a matter of how long today....

There is so much interesting stuff going on.
    or is there? There really is that is the problem... I can find buys in the most boring of markets...and the most exciting; why the urge to always do something?...
    If I can't skim $2K a week off these moves I should be angry with myself and that's why you have to pay so much attention... to look and look, today's best idea is probably MOO. It covers a lot of basis at a small managing cost. Put a half on there.

Inflation or Deflation which is it going to be, so much depends on it. If oil were to spike here for any reason we would really really be in darkest hours for the economy, it simply MUST keep going down and thus our dollar up. For that elder stockman nearing retirement or as Cramer would say if you need any money for anything in the next five years... I'd put into TIPS. A lot of smart people are srtating to agree with me on this point which is in itself a bit off putting... but if you can hold to maturity this makes a lot of sense... all this bailing out WILL come home to roost in the way of monetary inflation and that's all TIPS need to preform great.

My gut says oil will turn back down soon after the meeting... the world situation is more akin to "everything is slowing sell whatever you can pump" for the member nations, I don't think their promise of cuts will hold up. And that should aid our rally. ~ stoney

#13     Oct 20, 2008
  4. Recommendations story about SOLF from Oppenheimer
    Oppenheimer lowered their estimates on several solar companies after finding commentary at the Solar Power International Conference more subdued. Opco believes the weakening Euro and tighter credit have been incremental negatives over the past several weeks, but feels these negatives are largely expected by investors. The firm still views solar stocks as cheap, even with their lowered estimates. Oppenheimer cut numbers for Canadian Solar (CSIQ), JA Solar (JASO), ReneSola (SOL), Solarfun (SOLF), Suntech (STP), and Yingli (YGE) to reflect a tough pricing environment, and feels ReneSola stood-out positively against a tough backdrop. :

That last line has been haunting me folks... for days. No one ever plays ReneSola and they stood out positively at the conference, the conference that resulted in a lot of bad vibes for solar on the financing side and in particular gave the stock I was looking at SOLF the means to earn a downgrade... take one letter away and what do you have? SOL Opportunity me thinks.... ~ stoney

#14     Oct 20, 2008
  5. early quote from thread-
    AND IF YOU DID NOT BUY MOS on Friday's pull in MY GOD DO IT NOW! ~ stoney

Well this thread some peeps are listening!
    Up $2 for ya and drifting now... nice day trade. But I'm holding more to come... initial position up almost $8 secondary up $4 and now up $2 three lots I think this is how the pros do it keep buying what works... just don't try this method in biotech... Still no word from the hedge fund.... it would be a real hoot if they went under... Well let the mind games begin- my prediction they ring in at 2:15 and I shall be in the bath and make them sweat until 15 minutes to the close and then I'll give them a full plate of orders... ~stoney

#15     Oct 20, 2008
  6. AGU ripped into the close. $37.50-$40.23 and ADM kind of lay about with a $19 handle. I'm glad I made the comparison and went with the more explosive numbers... AGU is a good stock.

Apache was easy money today came way in... I butchered the buy and still scalped quite a bit... didn't want to be long at the close so I left a bit too... not smooth. In fact in general I'm not happy with myself today despite starting out the day predicting up 300 for the LIBOR decline! I just didn't see the volume or conviction out there and I began getting cold feet.

PETS was a nice pickup at $15.00 nice round number closed $15.79 but that could have a bad day and be right back where we started... Bit of buying remorse setting in...

MOO how can you lose?... this really was an interesting call by me especially since I have never bought an index fund before...

I watched the shippers do their thing and DRYS went up and up. Watched it. I wanted to be freer, faSTER , more confident... as the day wore on just the opposite feelings crept in.

APWR did close above $6. significant. Didn't buy it...
    Alpha Natural also left me in the dust.

Just not conviction there on my part. I think my email crashed too. No contact from the hedge fund. No emails after 1:00 pm. Strange.

Poor Jimmy Cramer the Times article is great. Called him a barker in front of a tent which is collapsing. Disclosed that due to his contract he has no money in the market so he's led all those booya's off the cliff and then got them out at the bottom and what does he care? " can't we have a recession first before we have a bottom? " he asks... well yes but what if the recession is really already 1 year old and the market is a forward discounting mechanism... I think there is some aspect of productivity now that holds the general GDP up for an extended period while the back end gets crushed in a rapidly accelerating recession. A domino set up and surly that is what is happening state by state now... Will we ever have confirmation? The speed of it all... can you come to an abrupt economic stop and have that be a concentrated recession - more of a train wreck. And there the caboose sits like a large rat being swallowed by a snake, blocking the system until you can grease the walls with enough digestive juice to get that rat down... The speed of all of this is what has got me scratching my head and wondering if we can wait around for two consecutive negative quarters of growth.... ~stoney

#16     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Stone, quit pumping your threads. The reason why no one replies is because you ramble.

#17     Oct 20, 2008
  8. perhaps we' re simply thinking about what he says.... Not like with your posts which seem to come straight out of right wing denial fantasyland. :D

#18     Oct 20, 2008
  9. Another etf to watch GDX :)

#19     Oct 20, 2008
  10. It's tough to take stock seriously I've brow beat him off my threads numerous times. He has bad timing and always arrives when we are doing well.

Someone on Bloomberg on the economic hour with that chick who used to be at CNBC - a dour looking old fed guy got me thinking negative... it's coming back, he highlighted the danger if LIBOR went back up...

Anyway back to the Force of 3 system... when in Ct I was on the cable tv local stuff, I like weird local hearings on land issues and high school football and I saw a story about a bodega dude and his lottery ticket sales were off the hook. And statewide Ct is way UP in sales and I bet MA is too... In times of stress and job loss more people get desperate and throw some dollars at a pipe dream... I've done it now and then (just Mega).
    SHOULDN'T LOTTERY STKS BE BOUGHT? You would think so... I was putting together some ideas for recessionary times like pawn shop plays but then I looked up the names and they had been clobbered-- so this time it is different - nothing is working... but earnings wise lets stick to that wouldn't SCIENTIFIC GAMES be a good pick up now? BW mag seems to think so with a maracel piece on the name so that's my 2nd Force or mention, the first being the tissue I wrote the intitial thesis on... now if This week if I get an upgrade or an insider search reveals love or if I can somehow find a third mention...

HIGHLIGHTS FROM MARACEL PUMP-

- co continues to score big contracts
    - launch of new ticket printing facility in CHINA
    - Approval of additional lottery games in China
    - Rev 1.2 Billion, $1.14 a share this year/ 1.58 next. Trading just $3 off a 52 week low... is that right? Morgan Stanly who does banking with them sees $42... Currently $18...

I'll check that index thanks Mil 7! One based off silver has caught my eye as well. ~ stoney

#20     Oct 20, 2008