The Libertarian Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by indahook, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Ok. I`m sure you know there are plenty of crackpots here that claim to be Libertarians, Democrats, Republicans, Independants....etc. The Libertarians dont have a monopoly on the crackpot vote. :D

#11     Jul 12, 2006
  2. I don't want your stinking world of liberty. I don't want people to have the liberty to yell fire in a theater, I don't want people to have the liberty to put "no dogs or blacks/jews allowed" signs in front of their houses, stores, universities, businesses. I don't want open borders, I don't want discrimination, I don't want the liberty to spread hatred and bigotry or encourage violence...

I don't want businesses to have the liberty to polute and destroy the envirnoment, I don't want banks to have the liberty to steal my money and disappear in the night without FDIC insurance and other governmental restrictions, I don't want insurance companies to have the liberty to cancel my coverage the day I need it, I don't want airlines to have the liberty to cut corners on safety and maintenance, I don't want CEOs to have the liberty to collude and fix prices, I don't want companies to have the liberty to merge and monopolize entire industries, I don't want hospitals to have the liberty not to accept patients if they are not profitable...

PS did I forget to mention that Libertarianism is nothing more than glorified Anarchism?

#12     Jul 12, 2006
  3. Then what do you want?

#13     Jul 12, 2006
  4. This was the point that I was making based on my observations...

#14     Jul 12, 2006
  5. I see what you mean. Has he declared himself a Libertarian on this board? Because if he did he is a bit mixed up.

#15     Jul 12, 2006
  6. No, you don't see what I mean.

#16     Jul 12, 2006

7. What are you talking about? You were insinuating DDOOO was a libertarian weren't you?

#17     Jul 12, 2006
  8. No, I was agreeing with dddooo...

#18     Jul 12, 2006
  9. Marxism of the Right

by Robert Locke

...libertarianism is basically the Marxism of the Right. If Marxism is the delusion that one can run society purely on altruism and collectivism, then libertarianism is the mirror-image delusion that one can run it purely on selfishness and individualism. Society in fact requires both individualism and collectivism, both selfishness and altruism, to function. Like Marxism, libertarianism offers the fraudulent intellectual security of a complete a priori account of the political good without the effort of empirical investigation. Like Marxism, it aspires, overtly or covertly, to reduce social life to economics. And like Marxism, it has its historical myths and a genius for making its followers feel like an elect unbound by the moral rules of their society.
    http://www.amconmag.com/2005_03_14/article1.html

#19     Jul 12, 2006
  10. Libertarianism in One Lesson

In the beginning, man dwelt in a state of Nature, until the serpent Government tempted man into Initial Coercion.

Government cannot own things because only individuals can own things. Except for corporations, partnerships, joint ownership, marriage, and anything else we except but government.

Taxation is theft because we have a right to squat in the US and benefit from defense, infrastructure, police, courts, etc. without obligation

Libertarians invented outrage over government waste, bureaucracy, injustice, etc. Nobody else thinks they are bad, knows they exist, or works to stop them

Money that government touches spontaneously combusts, destroying the economy. Money retained by individuals grows the economy, even if literally burnt

Private education works, public education doesn't. The publicly educated masses that have grown the modern economies of the past 150 years are an illusion

Market failures, trusts, and oligopolies are lies spread by the evil economists serving the government as described in the "Protocols of the Elders of Statism

Central planning cannot work. Which is why all businesses internally are run like little markets, with no centralized leadership.

All food, drugs, and medical treatments should be entirely unregulated: every industry should be able to kill 300,000 per year in the US like the tobacco industry

The "Party of Oxymoron": "Individualists unite!"

No compromise from the "Party of Principle". Justice, happiness, liberty, guns, and other good stuff come only from rigidly adhering to inflexible dogmas

Only libertarian economists' Nobel Prizes count: the other economists and Nobel Prize Committee are mistaken.
    http://world.std.com/~mhuben/onelesson.html

#20     Jul 12, 2006