The Liberal Climate Hoax?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Just like atheists concerning the existence of GOD
    I' sorry all opinions of clerics of the religion are discounted as mere hearsay.

Wishful thinking is not proof, there is no credible evidence that man is the driver of global warming

#31     Feb 13, 2011
  2. This presentation by Dr. Ove Hoegh-Guldberg of the University of Qld spells out some very serious consequences for the world's oceans. And that is without even mentioning effects on land where we humans live.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/NCSE.html

Recent research suggests that the mass of the phytoplankton in the world's ocean is declining at 1% per year. The phytoplankton are the basis of the ocean's food web and the largest mass of life on earth. I'd say that's something to be concerned about. Likely reason: ocean stratification due to heating of the surface layer reducing the flow of nutrients. This was predicted long ago by James Lovelock.

#32     Feb 13, 2011
  3. jem

jem

1. what evidence do you have that shows we are making the world warming, independent of the 20000 year old warming trend.

You have none. you do not even have science according to 30000 scientists.

http://www.petitionproject.org/

#33     Feb 13, 2011
  4. You fail to distinguish between science and religion. You do not understand reason and you therefore deny the modern basis of western civilization.

#34     Feb 13, 2011
  5. Really, how long has this been supposedly going on ?

#35     Feb 13, 2011
  6. I'm sorry your evidence just doesn't stand up to scrutiny, it's not proof of your assertions.

#36     Feb 13, 2011
  7. jem

jem

is that a joke for answer? I asked a seriously simple question
    show that man is causing warming?
    How could you not have that proof readily available?

where is the science
    where is the data
    what part of that is being caused by man?

#37     Feb 13, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

A premise of the argument, not shown in the picture, is that the CO2 humans are releasing into the atmosphere can be distinguished from the total CO2 in the atmosphere. Also not explicit in the picture is that the total CO2 level is rising faster than natural processes indicate it would, ie. it's due to Man's contribution.

#38     Feb 13, 2011
  9. jem

jem

Ok...

now we may be getting somewhere.

heavy Co2 vs man made?
    if true... because the science is disputed
    if true... what like .32% of greenhouse gas
    if true no proof, warming would not have caused gas to accumulate at same pace... see graph half way down page. Note how the Co2 collection seems to have started before man did it.

this is the 30,000 scientists doubting man made global warming site.
    http://www.petitionproject.org/review_article.php

finally
    if true, no indication CO2 accumulation causes warming

thats the way I see it as of now.
    I am open to learning... as I really do like the environment.

trust but verify.

#39     Feb 13, 2011
  10. jem

jem

note...
    about the 31,000 american scientists who are calling bullshit on man made global warming alarmists.....

Is the Petition Project fulfilling expectations?

The project has fulfilled the expectations of its organizers. In PhD scientist signers alone, the project already includes 15-times more scientists than are seriously involved in the United Nations IPCC process. The very large number of petition signers demonstrates that, if there is a consensus among American scientists, it is in opposition to the human-caused global warming hypothesis rather than in favor of it.

Moreover, the current totals of 31,487 signers, including 9,029 PhDs, are limited only by Petition Project resources. With more funds for printing and postage, these numbers would be much higher.

2. Has the petition project helped to diminish the threat of energy and technology rationing?

The accomplishments of science and engineering have transformed the world. They have markedly increased the quality, quantity, and length of human life and have enabled human beings to make many improvements in the natural environment of the Earth.

Today, scientists are seeing the accomplishments of science demonized and one of the three most important molecular substances that make life possible - atmospheric carbon dioxide (the other two being oxygen and water) - denigrated as an atmospheric "pollutant" in a widely circulated movie. Scientists who have carefully examined the facts know that this movie contains numerous falsehoods. This and many other similar misguided propaganda efforts in the media, naturally repel men and women who know the truth. The search for truth is the essence of science. When science is misrepresented, scientists are naturally incensed.

There is, therefore, a rapidly growing backlash of opposition among American scientists to this egregious misuse of the reputation and procedures of science. The Petition Project is helping to demonstrate this opposition and, therefore, to reduce the chances of misguided political reductions in science-based technology.

#40     Feb 13, 2011