The Liberal Climate Hoax?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not unlike the P&R forum huh?

Me too.
    Well not exactly. While he is known literally the world over for his innovative engineering skills he's too big into canards for my taste.

#21     Feb 12, 2011
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

That's very typical of rightwing thinking. Unless it's something they've experienced personally, they find it impossible to accept any idea that goes against their preconceived ideology, no matter how much data supports the "offending" idea. It's like everything is a giant conspiracy against them unless they see otherwise first hand. Sad.

#22     Feb 13, 2011
  3. jem

jem

this is exactly a right vs left concept.

an analytical mind would say let me see the data before I come to any conclusion.

#23     Feb 13, 2011
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

The climate data has been shown and summarily dismissed by those who don't want to believe it. I get what the oil companies get out of dismissal, I don't get what the Joe-the-Plumber types get out of putting their heads in the sand and pretending like nothing bad could possibly be happening from rampant air pollution. They're mostly like Ricter's friend: until it hits them in the face, it "doesn't exist". By that time, it's usually too late.

#24     Feb 13, 2011
  5. jem

jem

thats the thing, we have been warming since the last ice age.
    But there is no data that says man is contributing to the warming, because the data shows warming precedes CO2 accumulation.

I suspect we are warming. I would not even doubt that man makes a very tiny contribution.

But, if we are warming any way does it matter?

You can not show man is causing warming or that we would not be warming any way, yet you feel superior in your liberal ideas? why?

#25     Feb 13, 2011
  6. I'm sorry I'll just have to invoke the atheist tactic on global warming.

There is NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE MAN is responsible for global warming.

The burden of proof is upon those who assert the claim that it is.

#26     Feb 13, 2011
  7. in 2008. Gore said “the entire North Polarized cap will disappear in 5 years.”

#27     Feb 13, 2011
  8. Here, this may help you out:

[​IMG]

#28     Feb 13, 2011
  9. nope didn't help , but nice try though.

#29     Feb 13, 2011
  10. Just because you are incapable of understanding the evidence, that does not mean said evidence does not exist.

The evidence is in fact so strong that every national academy, scientific and professional association of international standing that has issued a public position asserts that AGW is real. There is no such body that denies that AGW is occurring.

Now why should anybody listen to your unqualified opinion that there is no evidence?

#30     Feb 13, 2011