The Liberal Climate Hoax?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Feb 11, 2011.

1. How to answer that? How did God get here or whereever he or it resides? I'll agree, it was a miracle, whatever you take miracles to be. Miracles as observed in the Bible might just be
    as yet undiscovered science or sleight of hand. Who knows?
    I'm not going to bestow that sort of power of "knowing" upon anyones ego. All I'm prepared to grant the word miracle is
    a figurative usage, a metaphor for something off the charts as to
    its profundity. And, since it was performed within this Universe, it has to be a law OF it, simply as set theory would have it.

#11     Feb 11, 2011
  2. See, you righties rely way too much on smart ass replies. That reply just tells me you're out of options.

#12     Feb 11, 2011
  3. jem

jem

here is a link to some interesting info..
    if you care to refute it... let me know.

it shows the graphs and quotes climate scientists

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

we can ask the experts what facts they rely upon.
    we can ask if they have been biased
    we can ask if they are distorting some of their findings
    and we can ask them to explain the data
    I for one have not made any conclusions...
    I suspect we are warming
    and I am concerned that we might be contributing to warming but I do not know and I doubt we can make a significant change.
    but, I am pretty sure I prefer warming to cooling.
    I would like to clean the oceans.

#13     Feb 11, 2011
  4. Eight

Eight

Here's the thing.. they have been presented with the idea that their ice cores are being misread. People that have lived and worked in the Arctic and pulled up ice tell them plainly that they are misinterpreting the ice cores they have at the calibration place in Colorado... they are seeing a core change and assuming it's a long period of time when it can be intraday!! The story about the WW2 airplane that was recovered from under hundreds of feet of ice has gone right over their heads, they have not recalibrated their ice cores.. they are in cover up mode like all "scientists" when somebody that actually does some field work shows them that they are full of shit up to their eyeballs.. they have to stay in the cover up mode and let their ideas die a slow and peaceful death, if ever they do that, so they can keep their professorships and grants and all that shit that they do...

I REALLY HATE the "don't exist" message we get from different people, we are supposed to be guilty of everything from slavery to ruining the planet... hee hee, i'm existing and I don't give a rat's ass about all your anxities, so go set your hair on fire and run in some more circles, maybe you will find a real crisis some day!!

#14     Feb 11, 2011

5. I'm reading all the data you put up. Having a hard time changing my mind, however that may repulse you. Its funny how we coincidentally allign with this issue on the same side as all the other issues in our left/right basket. That is, nary an anti unionist
    person would be with anthropogenic influence on climate change nor a pro union type against it. At the source of it is, who do you not trust, government or corporations. Thats taken root so well that everything else we believe comes out of it. Of course NASA and the NOAA are respectable institutions and like you say might be just accounting for their existence but that sort of ulterior motive isn't absent from corporations who've proven little about how much they care about anything but their bottom line.

This thing on you're hating "don't exist" strikes me as not making reference to histories' worst examples of tyranny. You're probably a law abiding person, that should carry over to morally abiding too. I'm not in the pay reparations camp either but I"m not willing to give a pass to the worst sort of actions in history or adopt a "just get over it" perspective. I've been reading a book titled King Leopolds Ghost and it chronicles the scramble for Africa
    and all its natural resources for no better reason then that they could. He had his thugs amputate natives limbs when their quotas for ivory and rubber weren't met, he lied even to the rest of Europe as to his intentions for the population of the Congo.
    Thats the level of power that I can't tolerate the existing of.

#15     Feb 11, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

"is noam chomsky a climate scientist? "
    LOL :D

So Chomsky must have absorbed his extensive knowledge by osmosis I guess.

Funny thing is my office is in the upstairs of a golf pro shop.
    But for some strange reason I'm not a golf pro. Go figure.

#16     Feb 12, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Reminds me of a friend of mine in Yukon, an anecdote. He always hated the "treethumpers" and didn't believe a bit of the "nonsense" of environmentalists, which I thought ridiculous because we could both see how much warmer the northern winters were getting. Nevertheless we had a good time arguing. Anyway, a couple of years ago he gets lucky and pulls a polar bear tag, so off he goes to Hudson Bay to hunt. When he gets back it's, "Ricter, I can't believe what I saw, the ice was so far out (from shore) that we couldn't get to any bears. Some elders said they had never seen it like this and had no stories of it. He went hunting and came back converted.

#17     Feb 12, 2011
  8. By that reasoning an aerodynamics hobbyist, while being able to do some math, isn't qualified any more.

#18     Feb 12, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) actually he's a aerospace engineer among other things.
    2) if he were making claims of being a climate expert, I'd agree with you.

But he makes no such claim he is, for the most part, simply pointing out the misuse of the warming alarmists statistics.

#19     Feb 12, 2011
  10. I'm shocked that I could get even a "might" agree with you outta you. Thanks.

I watched the videos and guys that are too cocksure of themselves and depend too much on calling their competition
    idiots every other paragraph I have a hard time having faith in.

I'd like to see a debate between him and the guy whose data he was criticizing. I know you're an airplane guy and this guy is your hero to where he can do no wrong in your eyes but the opportunity for rebutt has to be given. Not a shouting match more like booths where the sound is shut off after a whatever minute opp to give your side. I trust corporate motivations way less than just about anything.

#20     Feb 12, 2011